Chapter 38

Daryl

"It's the only way," Rick sighed. "Nobody else knows."

"We gone tell 'em?" I asked.

He shook his head slightly, "not 'till after. We have to do it today, it has to be quiet."

I started chewing on my bottom lip, finding it hard to look at him. I didn't like this but if Rick said it had to be done then it had to be done. "You got a plan?"

"Tell her we need to talk," he replied. "Away from the others."

"Just ain't us man."

"No," Herschel said, shaking his head in disappointment. "No it isn't."

"We do this, nobody else fights. Nobody else dies."

I nodded. "Okay."

"We need somebody else."

"Not Ady," I said quickly. "Not on this."

He shook his head. "No. Not her."

I studied him for a minute before catching on to who he meant. Merle. "I'll talk to him."

"No," he sighed. "I will."

I shrugged, "I'll go with ya."

"No," he shot back, a little more stern. "Just me."

••

I headed towards my cell to relax, still feeling a little stuffy inside of it. I knew I'd feel better once I asked Adasyn to stay in here with me, but I was still trying to give her some space. We were moving forward but I know there was still a lingering hurt from what I'd done. Hell, I'd never forgive myself for it but damn if I wasn't happy that she had. Or at least that she was tryin.

I layed my crossbow down on the top bunk, still feeling a little uneasy about the whole situation that was about to go down. The Governor's only proposal was for us to hand over Michonne and he'd leave us be. I wasn't sure I entirely trusted that and although she was new to the group it didn't feel right basically sacrificing her.

"My hick charming, there you are."

I turned around and none other than Adasyn herself was standing there, a soft smile on her beautiful face as she stared at me.

"Where have you been?" She asked, walking up to me.

"Talking with Rick," I mumbled, hating that I couldn't tell her what about. I knew she needed to stay out of this as much as possible.

Her smile faded, the playful side of her disappearing completely. "Is everything okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

She eased up a little, slowly wrapping her arms around my neck. I smiled down at her and before I knew it our lips were connected, that fiery spark returning like it always did, flooding through my body.

Adasyn's lips started moving in a quicker manner and even though it came as a bit of a shock to me, I kissed back with even more force, stumbling as Ady's back hit the wall.

This kiss was different. There was a hunger, a passion that hadn't been there in awhile.

She grabbed my vest, tugging me closer. Her breath was warm as it fell across my neck, sending shivers down my spine. We were standing close enough that our noses touched and we were both trying to catch our breaths.

Within seconds my lips were attacking hers again, the kiss quickly heating back up. She was driving me insane. I had never been so confident or close with a girl like I was with her and I wanted her all to myself. Every inch of her.