Chapter 32

Ashlynn

I stood there, my eyes locked with Rick's as more walkers stumbled up beside Michonne and I. I wanted to say something to him, anything, but I couldn't afford to blow our cover.

Michonne squinted, placing her hand over her bullet wound for just a second before returning it back to the fence.

Wrong move.

The blood on her hand got the walker's attention standing next to her. Suddenly, it was us against them. Michonne drew her sword and I ripped out my knife. I shot Rick one more desperate look, we couldn't take all these things out ourselves.
Michonne had already been in rough shape from the bullet wound and blood loss, and after attempting to fight off walkers her energy was drained completely. Next thing I know she collapsed, hitting the ground with a hard thud and leaving me to attempt to protect her and fight the bastards at the same time.

A gun shot rang out and the walkers surrounding me started to fall to the ground instantly.

Rick and Carl stepped outside the gates, relief swirling in my stomach as I lifted Michonne up from the ground. Carl rushed over, grabbing the red basket of formula we had grabbed - the formula that led us to the prison.

••

After getting inside the prison walls, safe from the walkers outside and safe from the governors men that had been hunting us down, I finally let it hit me that I had found my people again, that they had survived. I scanned over all the familiar faces in the room, attempting not to cry. Although I was so happy to see all these people, the pain I felt at the fact that my sister wasn't with them kind of made me want to give it all up completely. I always had faith that she was still alive but she'd be here if she was. She'd have knocked down these walls trying to get to me.

"How'd you find us?" Rick asked. "And why were you carrying formula?"

I shrugged and looked to Michonne, "I was around back keeping watch. Some people were chasing us, trying to kill us. They're who shot Michonne. We stopped at a store we came across once we got them off our trail to look for some first aid supplies."

"The supplies were dropped by a young guy," she continued, "and some girl, I didn't get a good look at her."

"Were thay' attacked?" Daryl asked, stepping forward. He seemed..concerned. Scared, even.

"They were taken," Michonne answered. "By the same son of a bitch who shot me."

"You'd better start talkin'!" He screamed, pointing his crossbow directly in between Michonne's eyes.

"Daryl," I gasped. "What the hell is wrong with you? Calm down!"

"You wanna know what tha' hells wrong?" He spat.

"Ashlynn," Rick cut in, lowering Daryl's crossbow with his hand. "Your sister, she went through hell after the farm. She fought like crazy trying to go after you. T-Dog saw you go down - he thought you were dead so we wouldn't let her. It killed her, ate her up inside. She was never quite the same - none of us were."

"Is she..?" I asked, tearing up. "I assumed when I got here and didn't see her anywhere, I assumed she had- I couldn't ask. I didn't want to hear it."

"She's alive," Rick said, leaning towards me.

My eyes widened, the tears that had just surfaced disappearing completely. I jumped off the table, straight to my feet. "Where the hell is she then? I need to see her, Rick."

"Well your friend here better start talkin then. Glenn and Adasyn went on a formula run today. That girl they took? That was her."

Adasyn