Chapter 27

Daryl

"Who tha' hell are you?" I spat, inching closer to the five strangers in the room with us.

"Who the hell are you?" One of them retorted.

"He's bleeding out," Adasyn shouted in a shaky voice. "We have to go back! Glenn, come around here, put pressure on the knee - hard!"

"Why don't you come on out of there?" I asked the guys, my crossbow aimed and ready. "Slow and steady."

"What happened to him?" The first one to exit asked, looking over at the others.

"He got bit," I replied.

"Bit?" He asked, reaching for the pistol tucked in his waist band.

"Woah, woah , woah-" I said, stepping a bit closer to him, my crossbow still raised. "Easy now. Nobody needs ta' get hurt."

"You have medical supplies?" Glenn asked, rushing past the guys and into the room they had previously been locked in.

"Woah, where do you think you're going!?" The same guy who had pulled the gun out asked - I took it he was the leader of these 5. "Who the hell are you people anyways?"

"Don't look like no rescue team," another one added.

"If a rescue team is what you're waiting for - don't," T called out from over his shoulder.

Glenn returned from the room, pushing some type of metal cart in front of him. The others waisted no time lifting Herschel up on it.

"T- the door!"

"Woah, don't open that!" One of the guys called after him.

"We got this," Ady spat.

The door opened and a walker in riot gear slipped through as quick as it could. T slammed it against the wall - luckily we knew how to take care of these things now thanks to Maggie.

"Daryl," Rick shouted. "Daryl!"

I backed over to them keeping my eyes, and my crossbow on the new guys for as long as I could before having to turn away, leading the group through the tunnels.

**

I sat on one of the tables right in front of the doors to the cell block, waiting on those prisoners to arrive. I knew they had followed us out into the tunnels, and if they managed to make it out of there alive, then they'd come right to us.

And I wasn't gonna have them around anyone else in the group.

Sure enough, the wanna be leader round the corner first, eyes fixated on my crossbow. "That's far enough," I said as the last one came through the door way.

"Cell block C, cell 4, that's mine gringo. Let me in."

"Today's your lucky day, fellas. You've been pardoned by tha state of Georgia - you're free ta go."

"What ya got goin' on in there?" He responded.

"It ain't none of your concern."

"Don't be telling me what's my concern," he spat, reaching into his waistband for his gun yet again. I got up from the table, inching closer.

"Chill man," one of the dudes from his group said to him. "Dude's leg is messed up. Besides, we're free now. Why we still in here?"

"Tha man's got a point," I added.

"Yeah," another one said. "And I gotta' check on my ole' lady."

"A group of civilians breaking into a prison they don't got no business being in, got me thinking there is no place else to go."