Chapter 26

Adasyn

"Ready?" Rick asked.

We all nodded and I gripped the handle of my hatchet a little tighter. He unhooked the chains, sliding the gate open and T-Dog, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie and I all rushed in, Rick right behind us as we quickly got in formation, staying in a tight circle. Walkers started coming at us immediately, these a little more aggressive than the ones we took out yesterday. But we managed to take them down, pushing through courtyard with ease.

Everyone else in the group was stood outside the fences, doing the same distraction method as yesterday and it was probably one of the smartest plans we've had in awhile.

"Don't break rank," Rick shouted as T-Dog rushed forwards .

"We need this riot gear!" He shouted back.

A walker started sneaking up behind him and he had no idea as he bent over to grab the gear. I rushed forward, killing it right before it took a bite of him.

"Adasyn!"

Before I even had time to move Rick grabbed my arm and yanked me back in my spot, T rushing up right beside me.

"Almost there," Rick shouted to us as we moved closer ahead. We made it to the watch tower that was on the inside and Rick pushed open the door slightly,before leaning around the corner to see what waited for us. He jerked back quickly, pressing against the wall. "Shit."

The rest of us followed suit, pressing against the wall like he had done , except for Daryl who stood out , crossbow ready.

I seen two walkers in full on body armour stumbling over from the dumpster a few feet ahead. Daryl inched forwards and suddenly two more in the same armour rounded the corner right in front of him, cutting him off. He fired an arrow but all it did was bounce off of the mask. Daryl backed up and Rick and T-Dog went for the two ahead. I was backing up as well, trying to get to Daryl, when a huge walker emerged from the tower, bumping right into me. I panicked as it leaned forward, forcing me back against the wall. It couldn't bite me because of it's mask but I couldn't kill it either. And it was dripping some sort of disgusting goo all over me. I was struggling to keep it away when Maggie fiannly came to my rescue. We fought it for a minute together before she slipped her knife underneath the riot gear, stabbing the walker and somehow killing it.

"See that?" She panted, looking around at everyone else with wide eyes.

Suddenly we all paired up doing as Maggie had just done and taking care of all the walkers in a little over a minute. Glenn headed for the gate so that he could let the others in, when Rick stopped him.

"Stop," Rick demanded.

Glenn looked at him, confusion all over his face. "Why? It looks secure."

"Not from tha' looks of that courtyard over there," Daryl pointed towards yet another gate with a ton of walkers behind it. He then pointed to a walker on the ground, "And that's a civilian."

"So the interior could be overrun with walkers from outside the prison," I sighed.

"Well what are we gonna do if there's a wall down?" Glenn asked. "We can't rebuild this whole place."

"We can't risk a blind spot," Rick responded. "We have to push in."

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath, following behind everyone else as we slowly entered the prison.

The inside was a mess, overturned tables and paper strewn all across the place. We had entered what looked like used to be the cafeteria. Rick rushed up to the small office they had that I'm sure some cop kept watch in, and when he returned he returned with a set of keys.