𝟓 | 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃

TODAY WAS THE BIG day for all of the graduating seniors attending Hamilton High School. All two hundred and fourteen students dressed well in their green and white cap and gowns, lingering the southeast quad-area of the campus. It nearly displayed the everyday visual during lunch— the smart students gathered around one another in discussion of which school were academically the best, the football team huddled with one another in talks of some of their memorable moments during the season, and the popular students were seen close by doing what might they do best.

Boogie paced nervously in a steady motion back and forth with the sounds of her patent leather, black open-toe high heels clicking along the concrete with each step. She fiddled with her fingers unnoticeably, but it was definitely apparent from Malika's perspective.

"Damn, girl, can you please sit the hell down? You makin' me nervous, got my titties sweatin' and shit." Malika expressed, adjusting her wired brassiere through her dress.

Boogie halted in her footsteps, eyeing Malika with a playful attitude, "You know what, you need to go somewhere with all of that." she chuckled.

Malika smacked her lips, "Really, Lauren. You've been pacing like this every since we got here. Now, I know you ain't that nervous because you're about to walk across the stage." she exclaimed with a sly smirk.

Boogie sighed, "Nosey is an understatement for you." she voiced as she offered herself a seat along the cement garden planter next to Malika. "Bitch, nosey is my middle name, now spill the beans. What's got you all razzled?"

With much urgency, Boogie wanted to keep her personal business to herself in regards to what occurred between Ermias and her, but it was evident that the previous night still affected and impacted her in a way and there was no denying it. "I went to see Ermias last night." says Boogie.

An expression of disgust plastered upon Malika's face, "Mhm. I knew it, bitch." She continued, "And you was saying all of that nonsense talking about I'm so done with him, our friendships is over, he can continue to fuc—" Boogie cleared her throat in interruption to respectfully notify Malika to stop mimicking her. "Okay, I think we understand what you're trying to say. Thank you." said Boogie nodding her head.

"So, my question to you is what happened when you went to see him at his crib?" Malika asked.

"Well, when I got there I should've known he'd be high, so I don't know why I went there expecting him to be in his right mind. And on top of that he was drunk too." She said partially rolling her eyes in disappointment. "We had an exchange of words. Girl, he brought out some anger in me that I thought I never had, but I have a feeling he wanted to apologize." Boogie explained.

"So just to clarify, the baby isn't his, right?"

Boogie shrugs her shoulders, "That's what he says." she voices, trying her best to put on a fake smile. In reality, she was dying inside. "There's a part of me that wishes I would've waited to talk to him again until after I've settled in New York and then there's the other part of me that wants nothing to do with him."

Boogie continues, "And now I just feel like I'm giving in too easily, like I'm allowing him to walk over me however he chooses."

"Aw, honey, you guys have been friends too many years for you to think like that." Malika cooed, grasping Boogie into a tight side hug.

"Friendships don't mean anything if you're not loyal, Malika. I mean after all I've been through, I deserve that much, right? Haven't I earned that?"

"I believe you deserve all that you desire in this world and much more, but I can't answer that question for you. Only he can."

Malika nodded her head lightly in the direction of Ermias as he approached the crowded area, stepping upon the miniature sidewalk. His gown fitted him surprisingly well. Boogie and Malika stood to their feet as they both prepared to farewell each another off for the rest of the afternoon.

"Remember, just be mindful as to what he has to say and go from there." Malika advised, pushing her friend's bangs from her face. "What would I do without you?" Boogie smiled.

"Alright now, let me get out y'all's way and go find my big-teeth ass boyfriend."

"Ay' girl, don't be talkin' 'bout my nigga Dom like that." Ermias playfully said out loud. Boogie joined Malika in a tight hug before departing her separate way.

Now, Ermias was in Boogie's company. "What's up wit' you, girl?" He said tugging at her gown. "Nothing, just waiting for graduation to get started so I can be out of here to get back home and start packing." Boogie explained.

"Don't you think it's a little early for that? I mean you ain't leavin' for another month and a half, right?"

"Yeah, but it's best to get settled in early, so not at all." she said.

An awkward moment of silence transpired between Ermias and Boogie as he seductively perused her from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. Behind his back he held a large bouquet of flowers as he placed the beautiful blossom in the space that slightly distanced them both. Seeing the bundle lightened her eyes.

"You're such a sweet son. The only person I know to give your mother flowers on your graduation day." Boogie smiled as she continued, "Where is she anyways? I want to say hi." she asked managing to look beside and over Ermias' tall shoulders.

"I got these for you." said Ermias. Another array of silence resurfaced as she tried to convey what was just said to her.

"Are you serious?" Boogie asked burying her face into the bloom to smell the fresh scent.

"Yeah, girl. You know, I'd like to think this is my way of congratulating you on yo' aspirations. You gon' trip all them professors heads up once they realize yo' brains. I want that for you on some real shit." Ermias explained.

Boogie was blushing, though she tried her best to not let it show. "I don't even know what to say right now." Boogie said sounding flabbergasted.

Ermias tugged at her gown again, this time with both of his hands. "And I would also like to apologize to you for what happened last night. I had a lot of shit on my mind and I—I just lost it. Our friendship was the best thing that kept my head on straight and without you, a nigga would probably be dead somewhere right now—"

"No, Ermias, don't even say that." Boogie inserted in the midst of his statement. Ermias sighs with patience, "Just listen to me, Boog. I wouldn't be standin' here if it wasn't for yo' extra push, so good lookin' out, my nigga." he explained, kissing Boogie on her left cheek.

The two friends shared an embrace that lasted longer than usual and Boogie was pleased with it. They eventually separated. "You know I'm sorry too." she said. "Fo' what?" Ermias asks, slightly clueless.

"F—For getting the a—abortion. I know we never got a chance to talk about it, but I just thought I'd let you know." Boogie said. "Say no more."

"Attention! Attention! All graduating students please report to the southeast baseball field. I repeat, all graduating students please report to the southeast baseball field. Thank you."

"I guess that's us, my nigga." said Ermias.

"Yes, yes it is, but on second thought... quick question." says Boogie analyzing the custom blossom of flowers. "What's up?"

"You just had to get blue flowers, didn't you?" Boogie smirked, mentally rolling her eyes. "Ya' already know how a fly crip nigga do!" he said, throwing his fingers in the air. He wrapped his lengthy arm around Boogie's neck as they strolled to their destination on campus.

they made up!
part two coming soon.