𝟏𝟑 | 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

10 YEARS LATER— BEVERLY HILLS, CA

          THE STREETS OF SOUTH Central were quiet during this time of hour— the quietest they've ever been

          THE STREETS OF SOUTH Central were quiet during this time of hour— the quietest they've ever been. I just touched back down in the city after four and a half month-long tour and I was ready to turn up with my niggas. We were hitting up our usual spot, Aces of Diamonds, in celebration of the completion of my first world tour— plus I needed to pay my little shorty a visit. I was sitting in the back seat of my Mercedes-Maybach S600 rolling up a backwood while listening to some classic oldies.

"Slauson Bruce! What's good, my nigga?" I shouted with a gesturing, shoulder tug at his suit. "What's hannin', Cap'n?" he greeted with smiles, returning the gesture.

Slauson Bruce was the OG of our neighborhood, most would say a triple OG for that matter. Not to mention, he's also my chauffeur. He's been puttin' in work for the home team and hustling since I was a young buck selling candy in the now Marathon Plaza for lunch money, so it was only right to present him with a opportunity to continue to feed his family.

When he witnessed the murder of his son on their home's front porch, Slauson Bruce's life took a turn for the worst to come. He used alcohol and drugs to numb his pain. He looked out for us as kids and treated us like we was one of his own and for that I make sure my niggas take care of him.

"Ah, shit man, feelin' blessed as always. Feelin' good to be back in the city."

"How you holdin' up, g? How's the family?"

"That's right, that's right, young king. Family's been straight... you know the same ol' shit just a different day." he said with a shrug.

Slauson Bruce continued, "So, I'm hearing that you and the boys are goin' out tonight to celebrate." he said merging into the right lane in preparation to turn. "Yes, sir... to celebrate the success of the tour." I said applying the finishing touches to the backwood.

"You tryin' slide wit' us?"

Slauson Bruce chuckles at my offer, "You do realize I am your designated driver and it wouldn't help if we was all fucked up after a long night at the club."

"Righteously spoken from a Great." I nodded.

"Though it does sound tempting, son. Just not tonight." Slauson Bruce continues, "And we are here." he said coming to a gradual stop and putting the car in park. The loud music from inside the club spilled into the streets along with the entrance line of the club nearly wrapped around the block— a regular Friday night.

I tucked my blunt behind my ear before pulling the latch to open the back passenger door. "You sure you ain't tryin' slide tonight, OG? It's all good to enjoy yo' self every once in a while." I approached Slauson Bruce's driver's side window, leaning down with my forearm against the door.