𝟏𝟓 | 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃

ATLANTA, GA

WORDS COULDN'T DESCRIBE THE amount of exhaustion Lauren felt. Her finger ached in pain and has been doing so since the wild brawl event in Los Angeles, and her back stiffened due to the uncomfortable seat she sat in during her four-hour flight back to Atlanta. She was dreading to ever travel again, let alone continue her career as an actress. It required a lot of her. For more than any years she can count, her prominent focus has been ultimately on her career— not giving her time to put effort into her dwindling marriage.

Lauren has grown to become two different people over the years and it was noticeable. The woman known for her acts on the big screen, her bedazzling smile, and profound dimples— her name was Lauren London. The lonely wife who's been married in secrecy for the past three years, who returns home to the sounds of nothing and an empty bed— she goes by the name of Lauren Shipp.

She accompanied the roomy backseat of her driver's all black suburban truck with her head rested in her palms, elbow propped against the window. The feeling of jet lag consumed her. All she wished to do is soak in a nice, hot bath while sipping her favorite wine. Julio slowly pulled into the driveway of Demetrius and Lauren's shared home to find her husband's car nowhere in sight— the signal of him not being home. Lauren sighed in disappointment.

"And we have arrived, Mrs. Shipp," said Julio, placing the truck in park.

She immediately dialed him on the phone. The line rang more than once before Lauren was directed to his voicemail. She hung up without a second thought. She stared out at the tinted window in debate of whether or not she wanted to get out of the truck.

"Would you like me to assist you with your bags, Mrs. Shipp?"

"Yes, please." Lauren gathered her personal belongings and the door latch simultaneously to exit.

With her luggage in hand, Julio assisted Lauren carefully stepping from the vehicle and closing the door behind her. Her open, square-toe leather heels clicked repetitively along the concrete pavement as she approached the front door. "Here you are, ma'am," Julio voiced. He handed over Lauren's bags before saying his farewells and heading back towards

"Hey, um— Julio?"

"Yes, Mrs. Shipp?" Julio answered, coming from around the driver's side.

"Have you heard from Demetrius today? I haven't been able to reach him since this morning."

"Yes, he informed me that he'd be attending a retreat this week in New York."

"A retreat? He never mentioned anything to me about it," said Lauren as confusion graced her tone.

"Hold on a second, Mrs. Shipp," Julio voiced as he disappeared behind the SUV where he stayed for the moment being.

Seconds that felt like minutes passed on when Julio reappeared with a written piece of paper in his hand. "Here's where the retreat is taking place."

Lauren took the paper without looking at it. She thanked Julio and said her farewells before he drove out of the home's driveway and off into the night. She trailed her bulky luggage behind her and into the home. Kicking off her heels, she stripped her clothes from the rest of her body heading directly into her sanctuary— grabbing a bottle of wine along the way.