Chapter 23 Homecoming dance

*Cato*
"Another year at Panem High has whizzed past so fast! And now for the Homecoming Victor!" Snow practically screamed. "It's me!" Glimmer boasted "Obviously"
"What makes you say that?" Clove scoffed. "She wins every year." Marvel whispered. "Really?" She asks "yes" Glimmer snapped. "I DID NOT ASK YOU!" Clove snapped back, "We have a TIE!" Snow said. "Clove Kentwell and Glimmer Hills!" Snow announces "WHAT!" Glimmer screamed, "this means tie breaker!" Snow said, a ripple of whispers started. "Grab a person and do a dance!" Snow said. Glimmer reached for me but Clove grabbed my hand first. "Keep your hands to yourself bitch" Clove snarled. Glimmer growled and grabbed Marvel, we walk on the floor. Clove and I do Tango. Glimmer and Marvel did the waltz. "CLOVE! CATO!" Everyone screamed, "we have our winners. Clove Kentwell and Cato Hadley!" Snow announces "WHAT!?" Glimmer storms out of the gym. "Tomorrow is graduation day!" Coin yelled from the side. Clove looked down sadly, "What's wrong?" I ask her and lead her out of the gym. "I-I need to go to Australia." She muttered. "...why?" I ask "my family then I'm going to Oxford uni in England. I am so sorry!" Clove sobs and runs out of the door, leaving me in the dust.
*Finnick*
The gang is looking for Clove. She left Cato in the dust after telling him the truth, "you guys know?" Cato asks, all of the girls look guilty. "Why?" Cato asks them, sounding betrayed. "Clove wanted to tell you herself" Annie spoke up. "Guys! Guys! She's not in the dorm and I found this!" Jo ran towards us, panting.
Hey girls,
I am so sorry, I have decided to leave for Australia on the first plane which is in 5 minutes. Tell Cato that I love him. I don't think that he'll want to talk to me. I-I have gone half deaf, it's hard to explain, sorry.
Clove
Her note was written hastily and the paper was slightly wet. A loud bang came from above, a plane blew up. Clove's plane. Cato kneels on the ground, crying. "No. No!" He mutters. A familiar flash of Clove's glow in the dark dress comes down into the ocean.