Maybe.

-MAYA-

My eyes fluttered open to warm sunlight flickering across my half-awake form.

Josh and I were on the edge of the couch. My arms were wrapped around his chest, and my head nestled in the crook of his neck. His left arm hung loosely over my waist.

Where's Riles?

I almost groaned out loud in frustration right then and there.

I'm trapped.

Josh's arm wasn't as loose as I'd thought. If I tried to move, it just tightened around me.

"Josh!" I murmured with as much strength as I could muster.

Nothing.

I leant forward slowly.

"Josh!" I whisper-yelled into his ear.

Still nothing.

Spotting a nearby plastic cup of water, I grabbed it and positioned myself as far away from Josh as I could go without his arm pulling me closer.

"You asked for it," I muttered before dumping half of the cup onto his head.

He jumped up, wide awake and simultaneously pulling me closer.

I sighed. "Josh."

"Yeah?" He said, glancing around the room like something might pounce at any moment.

"Let me go."

"Oh- right, sorry." He said, removing his arms completely and sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

"It's cool." There was silence for a few moments, before Josh started the conversation again.

"So..." He said, staring at the floor. There was a pause until he looked up. "Where is everybody?"

"Good question." I said, getting up and walking around the room.

I found a purple sticky note on the fridge. I gestured for Josh to join me at my place in the kitchen.

Dear Peaches and Uncle Josh,
Lucas, Mom and I have all gone out to do more wedding stuff, Daddy is doing errands and Uncle Josh's friend went who knows where. Basically you're both ALL alone —> turn to back

"She really should have just used a piece of notebook paper." I said, taking the sticky note off the fridge.

"Well, you know Riley." Josh replied.

"That I do." I said, looking over my shoulder at him.

As I was saying, you're ALL alone- except for Auggie. Daddy will be back around two so just take care of him till then please. Also the living room is still kind of messy so, if you could...
Thanks! Love, Riley.

"Oh, Riles," I chuckled lightheartedly.

Josh ran a hand through his dark brown hair. "It's so early, though!" He sighed.