The Beginning of a New Ending

-An Outside Perspective-

Maya rested her head on Josh's shoulder as the subway sped out of the station.

"I still can't believe you left your wedding for me." She murmured.

"I'd do anything for you."

With that, Maya sat up in her seat. "We can't do this until we come to an agreement."

Josh opened his mouth to answer, but before he could, the subway came to a screeching halt.

Passengers noisily clambered into the car, loudest of all a moody, pregnant brunette.

As the subway began to move once more, Maya began once more. "We have to come to an agreement, Josh."

As Josh opened his mouth to answer, Maya put her hand over his mouth.

"Hold that thought, Boing. I sense an unnatural sunshine in here."

Maya scanned the car, looking over slouching teenagers and glancing behind stressed businessmen.

"I've spotted the target!"

Riley sat on the blue plastic bench at the end of the subway car.

"Maya!"

"Riley!"

Maya barreled into her arms, being careful not to bump into- well, her bump.

"What's wrong, Peaches?" Riley asked, stroking Maya's hair.

"Your uncle is confusing."

"I know, Maya. We haven't been able to fix him yet, but Uncle Eric is working on it."

Maya pulled away and looked her in the eyes.

"Thank you, Riles. I really needed that."

Maya casually walked back to where Josh was sitting, processing what he had heard.

She sat down next to him and smoothed our her skirt, crossing her legs.

"Sorry, minor interruption. Let's continue, shall we?"

Josh stared at her in awe, chuckling softly.

"You really are something, Maya Hart."

She laughed, the sound ringing in his ears. She stopped, realizing that she had gotten distracted.

"No, but seriously Josh. You left your wedding for me. Your wedding. I just-" She paused. "I just don't want that happening to me."

She shifted, staring at her intertwined hands.

"Maya," He looked at her, something she couldn't describe flashing through his eyes. "Maya, I am so sorry. And I know I've said it before, but you don't know how sincerely sorry I am. I ignored you when we were younger, I made promises I broke, and I left you. Twice." He swallowed.

"And I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. I truly don't. Just know that I will never leave you again, even as a friend."

Maya stared at him, her heart thudding against her chest.

She leaned in and kissed him.

They broke apart, and he leant in once more. "Josh," she began, hand resting against his chest. Their eyes met. "Can we start over?"

He wrapped his arms around her. "Anything for you."

She rested her head on her shoulder, and he kissed her head.

"After all, it's the beginning of our new ending."

-A/N-

This has been a train wreck of a book, but I hope you enjoyed it. I genuinely apologize for the lack of description and random spacing, seriously. A lot of this book was rushed and not proofread to the slightest extent. Thanks for your support, though.

I guess I should give myself a small shred of credit. All things considered, at least the cover's okay, I guess?