Chapter 48

~6 months later~

It's been six months since Eric has proposed to me. I asked him to give this whole thing a little time and he totally understood. He didn't even ask me once if I was ready yet. He said he can wait forever for that moment. Jade was so happy to know that I was engaged to Eric and Eleanor just fainted right there. Overdramatic.

I was right now sitting in Eric's penthouse. He still doesn't talk to his parents. Although, he does visit them sometimes. But only if either Ethan or Cassandra are with him. I tried talking to him about this but he usually cut me off or change the topic. At the end of the day, they are his parents and he can't stay angry at them forever. He has to look at them like normal people who make mistakes.

I saw him coming down the stairs and sitting beside me on the couch. He held my hand and kissed me on my lips.

"Eric" I said.

"Hmm"

"I think that I am ready for the marriage" I said and he looked at me like he heard it wrong.

"What? Say that again" He said.

"I am ready for the marriage" I repeated.

He just crashed his lips on mine and kissed me with passion and love.

"I love you so much" he said.

"I love you too" I replied and he embraced me in a tight hug.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked.

"You'll do whatever I say?" I asked

"Whatever you say. Today is your day" he said.

"Eric every girl wants to get married, but having the blessings of the elders. Today you are going to your parents and going to sort out everything."

"Bu-" He started but I cut him off.

"Eric I don't have parents that is why I want your parents to stay happy with us. Not just being those formal people whom we see once or twice a year. They will attend our wedding. Please. Do it for me. And believe me, you will feel better" I said.

He huffed and covered his face with his hands.

"Okay. But only for you" he said

"Thank you" I said.

"Now get ready" He said.

"Mister, I am not coming with you. Your parents, you talk" I said.

"Oh who was giving a life lesson right now huh?" He said crossing his arms.

"That was for you, not me" I said.

"Come on Alissa, please. I need some power to face them. And if you'll come with me, I am sure I'll be able to do it" he said giving me those puppy eyes at the end.

I huffed and raised my hands "Okay okay I will come with you. But you will have to do the talking okay?'' I said and he nodded.

I went to my room and chose to wear my maroon off-shoulder top and black high waist jeans. I did a little makeup and went downstairs. Eric was pacing around trying to find something.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I can't find the keys" he said.

I started to look around, trying to find it and it was right in the middle of the table. I picked it up and kept it in his hands.

"Maybe you should search properly" I said.

He just gave me a toothy smile and I literally dragged him out of the house. We both sat in the car and I could feel the tension in the air. Eric was making imaginary circles on my hand and was also not being very concentrated on the road which was now making me nervous. We soon reached his parent's house safely. And I am very thankful for that. We both went towards the door and Eric almost pinched his fingers inside my hand. I never realized that Eric too can be this nervous. We rang the doorbell and soon the door flew open. Josephine was standing in front of us with a glint of sadness in her eyes.

When she saw us at first she was shocked but quickly plastered a smile on her face and embraced me in a hug. She then looked at Eric and gave him a small smile.

"How are you, my son?" She asked.

"Does it eve-" He started, but as soon as I realized what he was about to say I nudged him with my arm and he stopped.

"Good" he said like a one-word answer.

Josephine realized what happened and just to cover it up she welcomed us into the house. Although I have visited here twice but this is the first time I have actually noticed what this place look like. And it's beautiful. But I can tell that not much of talking goes on. I saw Cassandra walking down the stairs. When she saw us her eyes lighted up with happiness. She ran towards Eric and gave him a tight hug. She then came towards me and whispered "So good to see you. Thank you so much"

I hugged her back and said "It's all good"

We both released from the hug. Ethan has left for his job. He is now in Italy. I saw Richard coming out of his room and walking towards us. He stood in front of us and said "Good to see you" And Eric just nodded his head.

Just to avoid that awkward situation Cassandra said "let's just sit and talk"

We all nodded and sat on that grey comfy couch. We sat for few moments no one was speaking anything. Soon the silence broke "We both are soon getting married" Eric said.

I wanted to facepalm myself because this is not what we are here for. Richard looked at us with an expression of amusement and then said "Oh well..... Congratulations"

"Thanks"

"So what can we do for you?" Richard said.

"Stop being so formal please" Eric said and I regretted my decision of bringing him here.

"Oh! I was just making sure" Richard replied.

"For God's sake. All you care about is that damn money and you just like to show that fake sympathy. A person like you does not hold any place in my heart" He said and his voice raising after every word.

"Eric you are my son"

"Oh really. I never knew that. And that is the thing which I regret the most. To be your damn son. I just came here to tell you that gates for our wedding are open for you" Eric said, now yelling.

He got up from his seat and stormed out of the house.

"I am sorry from his side. You know he has a bad temper" I said.

"No need to apologise. It was our fault anyway" Josephine replied.

I gave them a small smile and went out of the house. I opened the door of the car and sat inside. I am so angry with this person right now
**************************
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment 💖