~Violets Are Blue~

{No POV but were with Tom}

Tom twiddled the scalpel in his hand, small yet could do so much damage. Though he wanted something better so he put it down neatly.

The thought of him passing the test filled him with excitement as he slowly slide his hand over all his favorite knifes-trying to choose carefully.

All of them sharped to perfection gave Tom a sense of happiness , even though he couldn't see what it was.

The room was darkly lit the only light shinning onto his neatly placed murder tools.

He finally picked the right one-a meat cleaver.

His personal favorite when his father would make him use it on animals.

The boy gripped onto the weapon tightly a sinister smile growing on his face, the thought of blood dripping from a unexpecting animal making him fill with joy.

"Ah, I see you've gone with the meat cleaver, interesting choice.", Tom turned to see his father looking down at him a slight grin on his face.

The boy grinned seeing as he had his fathers approval.

The fathers grin died down after he turned on the lights to the room seeing his son in shock.

"What's wrong Thomas? Were you not prepared for the test?", Tom froze in place seeing as a woman was tied to the chair.

She was out of consciousness but was slowly gaining it once more, the thought of him killing another human caused him to have shivers down his spine.

"B-but I thought...it was going to be an animal.", Tom tried to back up only for his father to push him forward.

"It's the same thing-don't chicken out on me now! Here let me help you...", the lady was now wide awake her screams being muffled by multiple pieces of tape.

Tom tried to push back as his hand was forcefully raised-and forced down in a swift pace nearly hitting the women's thigh.

Her screams grew louder as tears trickled down her face, Tom harshly breathing as his father forced his hand up once more.

"It's ok Thomas, all you need is a little push-", with the sentence finished the cleaver struck into the poor women's head.

Tom completely froze seeing what he had just done. The blood trickling down from the lady's head giving him complete disgust.

He moved slightly only for the lady's head to pop up and shriek at him-

Tom woke up with a start sweat pricking all over his body.

His breathing was fast and shaky as another knock was heard at the door in which he quickly rinsed off his face and answered it.

"Ah-Blue! You weren't awake so I came to get you...oh god-are you ok.", Tom looked away from Jaylen to see his shaky body which he immediately stopped

No one can know.

"I'm fine. I'll be talking with Charlotte today right?", Jaylen nodded as she looked away from me.

"Best get dressed.", I nod and wear my usual attire.

I splash my face once more then leave the room and follow Jaylen. We discussed my schedule for the day and for some reason she sped up her pace.

"Whoah slow down-", she interrupted me with a slight worried tone, "Jacob and Charlotte have been hanging out a lot lately-like a lot.". I hold back the urge to laugh as I catch up to her.

"Relax, I'm sure it's nothing.", we approach the doorway and click open the door to see the two having small conversation-a slight pink dusted on both their faces.

"Ahem.", I say making my presence known in the room.

Jaylen grabs my attention looking back and forth between the two then to me, I let out a soft chuckle which she is clearly not amused by.

"Anyways-Charlotte? You said you were ready to talk?", the girls looks away from Jacob then back to me and nods softly as I take a seat.

"So...what exactly do you want to know?", she asks her expression more focused now.

I signal T-Jacob...I meant Jacob, to start writing notes.

"Do you know where...", I sigh glancing at Jaylen. She motions for me to not say it yet.

"...the main rebel base would be? Maybe even one located underneath a shack...", I stare at her picking up my pen to twiddle it in my fingers.

"Well-not exact coordinates, but if I were to go to the place you killed...everyone...", a small silence filled the room. The only thing to be heard was the pen softly knocking on the table.

"I would have kept them alive. Yet, they didn't listen.", I replied making her turn away slightly.

"Please, continue.", she looks back in my direction as if she's debating something in her mind.

"Uh-right. Then maybe I could go to the last base I was. I believe it was the one under the shack...", I nod and set down my pen.

"Thank you Charlotte. Jaylen, Jacob, please take a break-you've been working to hard. Charlotte-go back with the soldiers.",  I give Jaylen a slight smirk before leaving to attend other duties.

Like paperwork, skipping anger issues again, punching bag, some whiskey-you know. The usual.

I mean some parts of course were missing but I'd get them back soon. Sooner then expected actually.

I look at my schedule once more seeing as I had my weekly 'interrogation'...

The memories of this mornings dream came back to me making me cringe at the thought.

"Not today...", I whisper to myself pouring another small dosage of the drink.