Chapter 1

Harrys pov

I was lying facedown on my bed, crying my eyes out, while dudley sat beside me, tending to my wounds, and comforting me. That was one of the worst beatings Vernon has ever given me.
"you'll get out someday" Dudley whispered sadly. I sat up slowly. "Thank you" I said, Gesturing towards the bangages he had put on me. "Vernon is going to leave for work soon. Maybe we could get you out then." Dudley said. I was about to reply, when I heard a tap on my window. I got up to see what it was. There was a small owl perched on the bars outside my window. On its leg was a rolled up piece of paper. "I'll go grab the keys to the window. I think I know where they are." Dudley said. After about a minute or so, Dudley came back with a small key in his hand. Once he opened the window, the bird flew in. I took the piece of paper from its leg. on the paper it said

Dear Mr Potter
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts school od Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find the items listed at the bottom of the page.

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

yours sincerely
Minerva MeGonagall
Deputy Headmistress.

I sat there, re-reading the letter thousands of times. "I was told not to tell you that you're a wizard. He told me he would hurt me." I looked up, to see dudley, with tears in his eyes. "i hated keeping that from you, cuz of how big that information was... i just was scared. Im so sorry..." I looked at him for a minute, then nodded. "i understand why you didnt tell me... It must be scary to have someone threaten your life.... but who threatened you?" i asked. "his name is dumbledore. He was the one who put you in this house.. He Is the headmaster of that school... Don't trust him" I looked at him again. "I'm leaving this hellhole" I whispered angrely. I got up. Since i didnt have anything to pack, i just decided to go. "you'll need some money. Here" He stuck out his hand which held $200. "dudley, i cant take your money..." He grinned. "it isnt my money... Its vernons." I smile at him. "well... i guess this is goodbye" He says as i walk to the door. "No... Ill find a way to talk to you." I hugged him, and then ran out the front door.
"Goodbye Dursleys"