8

"H-How?" He stammered.

He sighed as he just smiled.

"I just get this feeling Jun. When I'm near you, my heart tends to beat faster than how many crushes I had when I was younger." Minghao admitted, "What I said about you staring at them was true. It breaks my heart when you look at him. It breaks my heart and you hug something from him. It breaks my heart when you bring up something about him."

Jun's heart melted.

His smile began to grow. His thoughts were just the both of them smiling together. He couldn't handle it. He needed to confess. "Would you be my boyfriend?" Jun asked. Minghao looked at the older. His jaw dropped as if he misheard him, which, of course, he didn't. "Y-Yes." He stuttered.

—————————-

[5 months later]

Lately, Mingyu and Wonwoo have noticed their actions. They have been fighting for the past few days and now they just want their exes back. Minghao and Jun also noticed them. While just walking near the Han River, they were just chattering about them.

"They have been acting distant, don't you think?" Minghao asked.

Jun nodded.

"What happened though?" Minghao asked.

Jun shrugged his shoulders as he intertwined his hand in the younger's. "They probably think that they were not perfect for each other and now they want us back." He said, making Minghao scoff.

"Never. I've never seen Wonwoo beg in his entire life."

"Even his childhood life?" Jun asked, planning to challenge him.

"Yes. We have been childhood best friends. He's reliable honestly." He said, not noticing how the older just began lose his grip on his hand.

Their conversation started to fade away until Junhao bumped into a man. Their hands parted away as they helped each other up. When Jun help the younger, they suddenly heard a groan. Minghao looked at the guy and remembered him. His jaw dropped which made the older confused. He turned around and saw a friend of his. "Yanan?!" They both exclaimed. The guy groaned as he got up on his own. He placed his hand on his injured spot and smiled towards them. "Haven't seen you guys in a long time. Plus, are you guys a couple?" He asked.

They took quick glances at each other and nodded. "You guys make a nice couple..." He mumbled, which was loud enough for Minghao to hear but not for Jun. "Thank you. Now, how do you guys know each other?" Minghao asked. Yanan smiled and placed his hand on his right shoulder. "School. We sat beside each other. And then, we became friends." He explained as he removed his hand from his shoulder. "Okay then." Minghao said.

"How do you know him?" Jun asked him in a challenging tone.

"We're cousins..." The younger said.

His statement left Jun shocked. "Okay then. L-Let's go now.." He said as he pulled Minghao's wrist. Minghao looked behind and waved his cousin a goodbye. He waved him goodbye and yelled, "Call me if you need me!"

Minghao turned back around and stop Jun. "What the heck?! I haven't seen my cousin for a long time and now you want us to split up?" Minghao asked sternly. "Yes, you might bring him to your mansion." Jun responded. He went back to dragging Minghao towards his new car which it really didn't look like a rich vibe since Jun didn't want it to be a rich vibe.

"Wh—"

"Can we just go to the car please?" Jun complained.

Minghao rolled his eyes and removed Jun's hand on his wrist. "Race you there!" The younger teased. He ran was fast as he could while Jun was just walking slowly. Minghao looked behind him and just pouted. "Why?? Can we at least race?" Jun shook his head.

"Please?"

"No."

Minghao stomped his feet as he turned back around. His fists were clenched until someone wrapped his arms around his waist. He turned around and saw his boyfriend smiling at him. "J-Jun... what are you doing?" He stuttered. "Throughout all those months of dating with you, we have never kissed. Now, I will make the move." He said. He went closer to the younger and finally claimed his lips on his. Minghao was frozen. Extremely frozen that none of his body parts are moving. Jun pulled away and frowned. "You don-" Jun got cutted off by someone's lips on his. He responded to the kiss and smiled.

They kept kissing until there was clapping. They pulled away and saw Yanan smiling and clapping. "Congrats! Now, can you bring me home?" Both groaned and nodded.
.

.

.

When they dropped Yanan home, they went to the mansion and was welcomed with someone's car. Well, a car that Minghao knew. He frowned and parked the car inside the garage. Jun noticed his feelings and began to question himself whether his annoying cousin, Yanan, followed them or not. When they got out and went inside the house, they both saw someone's mother just kneeling in front of Seungcheol and crying. Minghao went closer to the scene as he held Jun's hand.

"Please!! Where is he?! I need him!!" She cried. Minghao held her shoulder and smiled towards her. The woman got up and cried on Minghao's shoulder. She pulled away and kept crying. "Miss, what happened?" He asked.

"Wonwoo, he has *sniff* c-c-"

"Just say it.."

"C-Cancer.."

"E-Excuse me?"

She hugged him again and cried again.

Minghao removed his hand from the older's hand and patted her back. "Where's his boyfriend?" He asked.

She pulled away and gave a confusing look. "I'm looking at him right now."

Minghao back away and repeated the words "no" in front of her. "I-I'm not his boyfriend a-anymore. I'm Jun's boyfriend.." He said as he pointed towards him. "No no no, I can assure you that my son, Jeon Wonwoo, did not stutter!" Her tone of voice rose. "Well, I can assure you that my ex was dating Wonwoo." Jun said. The woman turned her head towards the taller and went closer to him.

"Who's your ex?" She asked.

"Mingyu. Kim Mingyu. Tall guy, handsome face, nice smi-"

"Enough information babe. Now, I just want to ask you, how did he get cancer?" He asked.

"H-He has been smoking since like..." She tried counting her fingers as she was trying to give Minghao her answer, "4 months. He just got so addicted when he came home..
Just please save my son." She begged.

Minghao was hesitating. His sweat was visible. His legs were shaking, and lastly, his heart was breaking into pieces. He was about to answer until Jun cutted him off, saying, "Mrs. Jeon, mind if we just talk for a sec?" He asked.

"Sure. Anything for you and Hao."

Jun pulled his boyfriend near the nearest room and shut the door. "Who is that? And did Wonwoo ever contact you?" Jun asked. Minghao loomed around the room and nodded. "He did contact me. He contacted me in our second date, in Hansol's restaurant."

"4 months ago... that's when he started doing his thing.." Jun mumbled which was loud enough for Minghao to hear. "Right... but where was Mingyu?"

"No idea... but you have to stay with him."

"No, I'm not staying with him because I want to be with you."

"He needs to survive."

"I'll contact his brother then."

Jun nodded as he left the room and so did Minghao. When they faced his mother, Minghao nodded and told her about his boyfriend. "Like I said, I'm staring at-"

He cutted her off by a photo of Mingyu.

"Him... he was the one who left my son when he had cancer."

Both boys took quick glances at them and then the other boys. "I'll go now. I'll take care of him."