5

~Luke's POV~

I was stunned for days after what that girl had said to me. Because I had the tendency to be a little blunt, if that was the right word for it, it wasn't uncommon for girls to blow up on me when I said something wrong. However, I'd never had one do it like that. I was more used to them bursting into tears and crying at me, but she had been just pure anger. I could still see the fire in her eyes.

It wasn't until I'd taken a good look at her that I realized I recognized her. I sat next to her in class and, as I'd learned that day, she lived across the street from me. How I hadn't known that she lived across from me before then, I honestly don't know. If I was remembering correctly, her name was Elsa.

To be honest, I still wasn't quite sure if I was angry at her or if I just had respect for her, but I was pretty sure it was a little of both. I wasn't expecting her to get so angry at me, to call me an asshole, and then to indirectly say I'd be alone for the rest of my life. She looked like an innocent little kitten. She was deadly gorgeous and, I admit, that's sort of why I just assumed I'd slept with her. However, it made sense that I hadn't because there's no way I'd have forgotten sleeping with someone who looked like that.

"Luke!" I heard Calum exclaim, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and lift my head, startled. "Huh, what?" I asked, unaware of what was even going on. "The hell are you thinking about so hard?" Michael snorted, picking up a laser tag gun after he had gotten all strapped up like the rest of us. "Nothing." I sighed, but then I caved in. For some reason, I'd been dying to talk about her to somebody. "It's just that...my neighbor came to my house the other day and was a giant bitch to me. She said I was a douche and an asshole!" I scowled, crossing my arms over my chest.

The three of them stared at me. "Well, what'd you say to her?" Ashton asked, cocking a brow up at me in wonder. I paused. "I may have assumed I'd slept with her. I...wasn't very nice." I admitted.

All of them rolled their eyes. "Sorry to say, bud, but it sounds like you got what you deserved." Calum snickered, grabbing his laser tag gun as well. I rolled my eyes. "Wait, your neighbor? You're talking about the hot one?" Michael asked, raising his brows. "You must've pissed her off. She seemed perfectly nice when I met her." He shugged.

My eyes snapped over to him. "What? How do you know her?" I asked, frowning. At my question, he froze, seeming to contemplate an internal dilemma. Eventually, he just shrugged. "No particular way. Just...seen her around." He said vaguely, causing me to raise a brow. Mikey was a shit liar, so I could tell he wasn't being honest, but I didn't really care too much, so I didn't press on it. I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my own laser tag gun, hearing the door open up as a few more guys entered, since we were doing guys against girls for teams.

When all of us were ready, we were released to go into the dark room, the nine of us splitting up into different directions instead of sticking together. It seemed, though, that that proved to not be too great of a tactic because we already had four people out and there was only one girl out, according to the scoreboard up on the walls.

Feeling determined to win, I carelessly began to shoot every girl I ran by, not even really sparing them a glance until there were only two girls left to take out before we'd win. Not only that, but there were also only two guys. Me and someone else, though I doubted it was Ashton, Michael, or Calum, if I'm honest. While I was searching for one of the two girls left, I saw the number of girls on the scoreboard go from two to one, telling me that the other girl had been got.

Because of how dark it was in the room, I could hardly see anything, so instead I used my ears to try to determine if there were any people nearby. Right when I thought there was nothing, I heard the sound of a soft voice talking, from down the short hall in front of me. I stalked down the hallway, wondering if she was talking to the other guy. When I reached the area, I peaked around the corner, surprised to see that Jaxon was the other guy. However, I was even more shocked when my gaze reached the girl.