20

~Elysia's POV~

"Henry!" I scowled, glaring down at my little brother. It was currently around one PM on Saturday afternoon and, at the moment, he had a hold of my cellphone, which was open to my text messages with Luke. "Who's Luke?" He yelled mockingly, a gleam in his eye that made me want to flay him alive. "None of your business! Give me my phone, now!" I exclaimed.

"Why?" He cackled, holding it behind his back. "So you can go text your boyfriend some more?" He laughed, making obnoxious kissing noises at me. Right as he said that, my mom came walking into the kitchen and her brows flew up in interest at the word boyfriend. "Boyfriend?" She repeated, eyeing me curiously. I glared at Henry and crossed my arms over my chest. "He took my phone!" I complained at her, ignoring her question. She rolled her eyes and glanced at Henry, gesturing between him and I. With a sigh of defeat and annoyance, he sent me a glare and begrudgingly handed me my phone before he traipsed off. I glared after him and slid my phone into my pocket, intending on leaving the kitchen. Before I could, mom spoke. "So...boyfriend?" She pressed, eyeing me strongly.

Uncomfortable, I pursed my lips and stayed quiet. Because of this, she eyed me and then spoke again. "Is this boyfriend the reason you missed a class yesterday?" She asked, suddenly taking on a very unhappy tone. I flinched at her words, knowing it was only a matter of time before she was going to mention it, and here she was. My eyes fell to the floor and I cleared my throat. "No." I lied, which she immediately caught onto. I wasn't a good liar whatsoever. "Did you just lie to me?" She asked, brows furrowing together angrily. I leaned against the counter and refused to look at her, keeping my eyes on the floor. "It's not his fault." I mumbled after a second, breaking the silence that had settled.

Mom instantly knew that that was my way of saying that, yes, it was his doing that I missed class completely yesterday. I fought a blush when I remembered why I'd missed class and mom glared at me, oblivious to my thoughts. "Why'd he make you skip? Oh, god, is he corrupting you? You're still a virgin, right? You know what happens to people who l-" She began to ramble off anxiously, a deep sigh leaving me as I rolled my eyes. "Mom, stop." I begged, causing her to cut short and shake her head. "I'm just making sure! You can't be mad at me for wanting you to go to heaven." She pouted, but I gave her a look. "Sure I can, if I don't believe in that." I said simply. She didn't respond.

"What's this boys name?" She asked grumpily, her brows furrowed in anger. Somehow, I knew she was going to have more to say to me about the whole situation than what she already had said. "Luke. He lives across the street." I answered, biting my cheek.

For a short moment, she studied me with narrowed eyes, thinking. "If he's nice, then fine, but if I find out you have skipped class again or that he's being a bad influence, I won't hesitate to punish you." She warned, causing me to awkwardly purse my lips and give a curt nod. "Yes, mom." I responded, wanting her to know I understood. She relaxed a little and stood a bit straighter. "Good. Now I need you to go to the store and pick up some of those sandwiches from the deli market. Some chips, too. I don't feel like making dinner tonight." She instructed, completely changing the conversation.

I sighed deeply and nodded my head, standing up so I wasn't leaned against the counter anymore. "Yes, mom." I repeated, already stalking out of the kitchen. Since I was dressed in pajamas, I headed up to my room to change, pushing a strand of hair out of my face as I entered my room. Even though I hadn't left my house at all today and had just been lounging around in my pajamas, I'd still done my makeup this morning, just like I did everyday. Sometimes I wouldn't wear makeup on the weekends, but it really just depended on how I was feeling. If I was feeling good, I'd do my makeup and if not, then I wouldn't. My mood was something I used a lot to determine what I'd do in a day.