28

~Elysia's POV~

"Hey!" I heard a voice call at me as I was heading into school on Tuesday morning, Luke's familiar voice causing me to come to a stop right in front of the door. Curious, I turned to face him. "Hi." I smiled. "Hey, there." He hummed, placing a light kiss on my lips before he pulled me away from the doors and pressed me against the wall. "I missed you." He cooed, pulling me into a warm hug. My cheeks warmed. "We saw each other on Friday." I reminded shyly, biting my lip. At the reminder of what happened Friday night, he cursed lowly and pressed into me, eyes dark. "Trust me, I definitely remember that, but I don't know that I'd count having phone sex as seeing each other." He murmured. I couldn't help but to laugh because, honestly, he had a point.

"But enough about that." He said, dismissively waving a hand. "I wanted you to skip school with me today. I'm sick of never being able to see you." He suggested cooly, peering down at me. My heart dropped and clenched with guilt. "Oh, Luke..." I frowned, softly shaking my head. "I couldn't. They'd tell mom and I'd be grounded even longer." I sighed softly, shrugging.

The look of hope on his face deflated and made my heart actually ache. "But w-what did you have in mind?" I stammered shyly, looking up at him. His blue eyes lit up and he shrugged softly. "Anything you want. I don't care what we do. It's just....I miss having the chance to spend time with you and be alone with you." He answered, the sincerity in his voice causing me to smile widely. My heart raced as he stepped closer, pressing me into the wall more. "I only want to go somewhere with you. I'm sick of having to pretend like it doesn't drive me insane that I can't even have you over to my house or take you on another date." He confessed gruffly, obvious frustration in his voice.

Tears pricked the back of my eyes. "I'm sorry." I whispered, sniffling. "I know this isn't ideal. You deserve more than this out of a relationship." I said, feeling my eyes pool with tears. Just like that, Luke was astonished, staring down at me with a frown on his face. "No, kitten. Don't be sorry. Just because it's a little harder than other relationships doesn't mean that I don't want this. I do, I want you. More than I've ever wanted anything." He sighed out, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I'm just over not being able to take you on a date or fucking hang out with you in your room or drive you home or anything. I'm not saying you have to tell your mom to fuck off. All I'm saying is I just want to spend the day with you today, even if that means skipping school and getting in trouble." He said softly.

"But you know what would happen. The sooner I'm ungrounded, the sooner we can do all those things." I argued, but he just sent me a look. "You're not dumb, Elysia. We both know she'd still not allow it." He pointed out, causing me to sigh. "I know." I admitted quietly.

Luke softly tilted my head up to look at him, his lips brushing over mine lightly. "I'm a needy thing when it comes to you, Elysia. Late night phone calls are comforting but I don't know how long I can go like this. This is getting ridiculous." He murmured, sending off alarm bells in my head. My heart dropped into my stomach in worry and panic. "What?" I gasped. "A-are you saying you....you'll break up with me?" I asked shakily, the idea alone enough to bring tears to my eyes. I didn't want him to leave me.

His whole face softened. "Not in a million years, kitten." He said softly.

"But I may be a little less polite and discreet. I can do this, but I'm just gonna piss your mom off like no other." He chuckled, earning a soft giggle from me. "That's so mean." I smiled, biting my lip. He hummed and leaned in closer, his arms winding around my waist to pick me up. "I'm past caring about being nice, Lysi. Besides, she was never nice to me." He huffed, irritated. "But don't worry. I'll be a good boy for now. No problems will be caused." He assured lowly.

"You promise?" I whispered, lulling my head back against the wall. "Cross my heart." He affirmed, making a little grin grow on my face. "Good." I hummed.