13

~Elysia's POV~

"Shit." I heard Luke curse from across the street while I pulled my keys out of my purse, causing me to raise a brow. Curious, I turned to him and saw him struggling to open the door with an angry furrow in his brow. After maybe fifteen seconds, he hissed in annoyance and angrily slammed his fist against the door, just once.

Wondering what was going on, I walked over to him and came to a stop just before his porch. "Is everything okay?" I asked, somewhat raising my voice so he could hear me over the rain. Luke turned and faced me, the storm making my hair stick to my skin as the rain pelted down onto me and the thunder rumbled loudly in the distance. "Yeah." He said hesitantly, letting out a long sigh right after that confirmed that things weren't as okay as he said they were. Frowning up at him, I cocked an eyebrow. "You seem upset." I noticed.

We'd just gotten home from Jaxon's football game and, although Luke had been perfectly pleasant during the game, he'd become a little irritated once he got up to his front door. I couldn't help but to wonder why. "You c-clearly are upset. You don't..." I stammered off into silence, peering up at the large boy as he stepped down one wooden porch step. "I'm fine, but it's nice to see you worried about me, kitten." He subtly flirted, grinning. A shy, nervous giggle left my mouth and I shook my head. "Worried?" I repeated nervously, fiddling with my fingers. "I just was curious." I dismissed casually.

Of course, Luke just grinned with this knowing look in his eyes. "Well, to ease your "curiosity," I'm fine. Mom and dad aren't home, though, and I don't have my key to the house, so I can't get in." He explained to me, causing me to frown. It took every ounce of courage in my body to be able to even form the question in the back of my throat, let alone to actually speak it. "Do you want to stay at my house for the night, then?" I offered, shivering a little as the cold began to hit me again. I had on Luke's jacket still, but it wasn't doing too well in retaining the heat anymore.

He stared down at me for a moment with just a sliver of surprise on his face before he nodded hesitantly. "You wouldn't mind?" He asked, uncertain. I smiled and shook my head, wrapping my arms around myself to try to remain warm at least a little. "Not at all, but we should go because I'm cold." I said, shivering. At that, he jogged down the porch steps and then we hurried over to my house, standing under the shelter of my front porch while I unlocked the door. I let him enter the house first, quietly shushing him so he knew to try to be quiet since it was nearing one AM now. The football game had lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

The two of us got inside my house quietly and I shut and locked the door, heading with him up the stairs. "Um, we don't have any guest rooms. You wouldn't mind having to sleep in my room, right?" I whispered to him halfway up the stairs, turning to look back at him. He looked up at me and I noticed he'd had his head downturned so he couldn't accidentally catch a glimpse up my skirt, which I thought was sweet. "No, I don't mind." He whispered eventually. I sighed in relief and led him up the stairs and down the hall, trying to walk as quiet as possible so that nobody woke up. When I reached my brother's room, I quietly poked my head in to see if Henry was asleep and then softly shut the door when I saw that he was, thankfully.

I let Luke enter my room first, standing behind him as he entered into the darkness of my room. He flicked on the light as I skinned in after him, filling my room with light while I quietly shut my bedroom door behind the two of us. Luke stood around awkwardly, not seeming to know where to sit since he was all wet from the storm, as was I. Unsure, I looked up at him and pushed a strand of wet hair out of my face. "If you want to shower or something, you can. I could go an-" I began, but he just shook his head softly. "It's fine. I don't have anything to change into anyways." He dismissed, but I just frowned up at him. There was no way I'd be letting him stay in his wet clothes. He'd get sick!