23: Kids Not At Home

Shizune brings in a bento " lunch. Hokage-sama. " Kakashi looks at the box and recognised " this is not Yuki's bento. Outside bento again ? "

Shizune : she's busy with seals.

Kakashi: again ?

Shizune : it seems that way.

Kakashi: she's been at it a few days.

Shizune: don't you know what it is about ?

Kakashi : didn't ask. Everytime I go back, she's already asleep. The kids make dinner.

Shizune : I see. But the twins have gone out on a mission today.

Kakashi: that's right! Oh... Damn it. That means I've to make my own dinner.

Shizune; you can always order takeouts.
___________________________________

Kakashi was done with his documents and was about to leave for home. He opened his office door to find Yuki standing at his door " Yuki ?"

Yuki: anata. Neh. Let's eat our. Watch a movie. It's just both of us today.

Kakashi: but isn't it too late to catch a movie ?

Yuki : midnight movie .

Kakashi: you're done with your seals ?

Yuki : um. Solved it !!! So let's go celebrate!!

Kakashi: but tomorrow...

Yuki : you'll always have things to do !! Come on. The kids are not home today.

He sighs " alright. "
___________________________________

He held her hand as they walked home from the movies. She leaned onto his arm " see. This is nice. Isn't it ?"

Kakashi: it is nice. To unwound once in a while.

They returned home to an empty house. But it didn't seem sad for a change. It seemed like there were possibilities. Or at least one of them thought.

Yuki got into the showers first. She heard the door open and opened the shower door " anata ? " Kakashi took off his clothes and came in .

Yuki : shower with me ?

Kakashi: don't want ?

Yuki : it's not like that. It's just... Everytime we shower together. We end up...

Kakashi: the kids aren't home tonight.

She looked up to his suggestive and seductive gaze " don't you have work tomorrow ? " He cupped her cheek " since when does my kinoko-chan worry? " And he kissed her lips. She kissed back.

___________________________________

He woke up the next day in the afternoon. He quickly wore his clothes back on upon realisation to go to the office. He calls out to Yuki " kinoko-chan! Kinoko-chan! " But no reply. He gets a bit frustrated but goes to work anyway.
.
.
.

He reaches to work and seats in his chair " gomen. I overslept. "

Shizune : oh. No worries. Yuki came in early in place of you. Helped you to settle a few things in the morning before leaving.

Kakashi: Yuki came ?

Shizune : um. Said that she wanted you to have a good rest. You hadn't have one in a long time.

He smiled to himself " kinoko-chan" he muttered to himself. Then he asks " where is she now ? "

Shizune: the rest are just routine documents. Can be done tomorrow.So she went to do some marketing.

He spots a cactus on his table " Yuki bought this for me ? "

Shizune: um. Said that there were too many papers here. A little greenery and when you look at it, you'll remember her.  She's so sweet.

Kakashi; I know.

Shizune giggled to herself .

Kakashi: what ?

Shizune : you know what everyone calls you two ?

Kakashi: what ?

Shizune : the sweetest married couple .

Kakashi: eh ? That's such an exaggeration. We're just like every other couple . Going through our normal lives.

Shizune : hai hai ~