Kaylor: *Spills wine in the bathtub*

One of Taylor's favorite things about the New York apartment her and Karlie had just moved into a little over a week ago was definitely the huge bathtub in the second bathroom. It was something she'd put to good use for the last few days while her fiancée had been out of the country.

As much as she obviously loved having Karlie around to come home to there was something undeniably calming and pleasant about coming home to a quiet apartment after a long, creatively draining day in the studio. For the last three or so days Taylor had turned the after-work bath and wine ritual into a habit.

So that's where she was sitting when she first heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs to their floor, in the bath, iced glass of white wine in hand.

For a second she froze at the unexpected sound, but then elected to ignore it, it's not as if they lived alone on this floor after all.

It wasn't until she heard the unmistakable sound of the front door opening followed by Joe and the ladies rushing to greet the unannounced mystery guest that she froze again, mid-sip.

In her mind she hurriedly went through who had been given a key, there was her mom and then there was Karlie's mom and the twins. None of these people were in town and Karlie herself wasn't expected back until tomorrow night at the earliest, that left security.

They wouldn't just walk in though...Taylor found herself thinking and she knew this was true, at least as long as she wasn't in immediate danger.

I would notice if I was, right?

She drank some more, trying to ignore the mounting panic as she put her glass down and called out, "hello?" There was no response, she wondered how long it would take her to get up to close and lock the bathroom door? A locked door would buy her at least some time to get security over here from their separate apartment.

She leaped up, figuring that she had absolutely no time to lose. The hasty movement sprayed the bathroom floor with hot soapy water and of-fucking-course she also managed to tip her glass over and into the bathtub, mixing the wine and shattered glass into the mix of bath bombs with frustrating efficiency.

"Fuck," Taylor muttered under her breath, scared she'd now given whoever else was in the house a clue to her whereabouts.

She stood up now, water up to her ankles, trying to avoid stepping on the broken glass floating absolutely everywhere and thanking higher powers that the wine had been white and not red and thus wouldn't be leaving any stains in the tub.

Finally having enough presence of mind to act she swung a leg onto the floor, immediately putting her foot down into the puddle of water and slipping and with a deafening crash she fell forward, face hitting the tiles, legs still halfway in the bath. She found herself surprised, but thankfully not actually hurt from what she could tell.

She'd just started to try and get up from her unfortunate position when she could hear hurried steps rushing towards the bathroom.

"Tay, what the fuck are you do-?" By the time the familiar voice rang out Taylor had already recognized the way her girlfriend moved, the recognizable sound of her footsteps.

She started giggling and doing so while lying face-down on the bathroom floor with her legs still in the tub and her back bent uncomfortably to accommodate for this hurt, but she couldn't stop.

"Baby, are you okay? What the heck are you doing?" This only made Taylor laugh harder.

"Oh my god, Karlie!" She wheezed as she finally pulled her legs down to the ground and started to stand up (still laughing hysterically) "you scared the living shit out of me!!"

"I'm so sorry!" Karlie exclaimed, managing a shaky laugh of her own now that she saw Taylor was truly alright.

She offered her girl a hand in standing up and handed a white, fluffy towel to the still howling Taylor. Then, when the woman finally managed to stop laughing she draped Karlie in a wet, but warm hug.

"You're home early!" She said, absolutely delighted, eyes sparkling up at the green-eyed beauty in front of her.

"I am," Karlie confirmed and paused to kiss Taylor's lips, "you didn't see my text?" The blonde shook her head at this "Nope, no phone during wine and bath time." She explained and gestured to the tub behind them.

"Ah I see, that's what you were up to before I surprised you!" There was a playful smile on the model's lips now.

"You really did scare me," Taylor said, attempting a only half-joking pout, "I thought I was getting murdered!"

"Really?" Karlie raised her eyebrows at this, "would the kids have been so excited to see a murderer?"

"I don't know," Taylor defensively explained herself, "Joe is the worst guard dog ever!"

"I know that's true, but hey!" Karlie protested, trying to hide the smile still playing on her lips.

"I'm sorry baby, but you scared me too," she continued when Taylor wouldn't stop pouting at her, "that fall sounded scary and it actually looked like you were hurt for a second!"

"I'm sorry," Taylor said softly, stealing a brief kiss, "I'm not hurt, I promise!"

"Good," Karlie said, holding her closer for a second before speaking again.

"Wine and a bath, that sounds like heaven after the trip I've had, mind if I join you?"

Taylor smiled at this, "not at all, but you are going to have to help clean up the broken glass and the wine before I go near that water again!"

"You broke a glass?" Karlie questioned immediately, "was it one of the nice ones?"

"Karlieeee," Taylor pouted again, "don't be so materialistic, I could've been seriously hurt!"

"You just assured me you aren't!"

"Still though!"

"I'm very glad you weren't hurt, Taylor, but seriously did you break a nice wine glass?"