Taymily: "You're a nerd."

A/N: I'm sure Emily knows how to play guitar, it's called creative freedom!

This is sappy and I'm Taymily trash!!

"You're a nerd!" There's a giggle in Emily's voice, but Taylor immediately puts on an offended face at this comment.

"You're calling me a nerd for being dedicated to my craft?!" She says, sounding absolutely affronted.

"I sure am," Emily grins, "buuut I might take on a different tone if you'd teach me."

"What?" Taylor raises her eyebrows at this for a second, but then goes right back to work.

"Teach me." Emily repeats a wide grin on her face as she reaches for the guitar in Taylor's arms. "Teach me the new song!"

The singer is amused, holding the guitar out towards her girlfriend with a loop-sided little smile.

"You know how to play?" She asks softly, a little surprised that this has never come up in conversation before.

"Nope," Emily confesses, unbothered by this potential flaw in her proposed plan, "but you're going to teach me, can't be that different from a violin." Taylor raises her eyebrows yet again, a soft giggle escaping her.

"I am teaching you?" She questions and Emily nods eagerly and finally lifts the guitar into her own hands.

"What do I get in return?" Taylor tries, but before she can say anything further Emily has put the guitar aside and climbed onto Taylor's lap.

Of course, she was just trying to distract me.

Taylor doesn't complain though, instead she wraps her arms around her girlfriend's lower back and Emily smiles, delighted.

"You," she says pointedly, pressing a soft kiss to Taylor's pink lips, "are a nerd who needs a break..."

"You think?" Taylor asks against Emily's neck, softly kissing her there.

"I think." She confirms as she runs her hands through Taylor's hair, pulling off her beanie in the process and placing it on her own head with a grin.

"Thief..."  Taylor gasps as their lips meet and Emily giggles, "nerd!" She repeats making Taylor laugh softly, "I love you," She says and the words slip out before she can stop them.

She's been stopping them for months now, biting her tongue and replacing those three words with other, more long-winded and less obvious ways to say what she means.

Stupid

Emily stares for a few agonizing seconds, mouth slightly open, but not from surprise - Taylor realizes - she'd just been about to spit out another playful insult in response to the one she'd been assuming Taylor would throw at her.

She closes her mouth now and her lips curve into a smile as she wraps her arms tighter around Taylor's neck, their eye contact still unrelenting. Taylor tries not to swallow her nerves, the way she is suddenly wishing she could swallow her words.

Three words

Eight letters

Her world falling apart at their utterance.

Almost

"I love you too!"

And just like that the world comes back together with a simple meeting of lips. The world's back together with giggles and kisses and breathing going back to normal, with a stomach no longer dropping and with fumbling hands in hair easing needless anxiety away.