Taylor/Ciara: "I hope I'm not being too forward. "

A/N: A heart-to-heart between friends on the set of the You Need To Calm Down music video...Yes, Ciara is all of us in this fanfic!

"I hope I'm not being too forward." Taylor's stomach drops at words, out of habit. She knows her friend would never say anything rude or uncalled for, but phrases like that gets thrown around in the music industry, especially by straight people.

"But I just wanted to say I'm proud of you." Ciara smiles, "I think a lot of people are proud of you, Taylor."

It takes Taylor a few seconds to find her voice.

"Thank you," She says finally, managing a smile. She doesn't think she'll ever be comfortable talking about this, at least not until it's all over, but when Ciara holds her arms out for a hug Taylor steps into the warm embrace.

"This is going to be a beautiful video," the older woman continues, "and you've come so far since I first meet you!"

"Thank you," Taylor says again, starting to feel a bit like a parrot.

"How does it feel, you're almost out!"

"I don't know," Taylor admits honestly, "I'm trying not to think too much about it...Gets overwhelming sometimes..."

"One step at a time, we've all got your back, buddy!"

She smiles again, "Thanks C, seriously, that means a lot and thank you for doing this!"

"Oh I'm always happy to work with-" the singer starts and Taylor shakes her head and for the first time during this conversation the smile comes easily.

"No, I mean this, telling me all that, makes it easier to be brave!"