Officer Daniels Breaks The Sad News

Officer Daniels: *knocks on the door*

Mr. Anton: *opens the door* Officer? Am I under arrest?

Officer Daniels: No, Mr. Anton. I have something to tell you.

Mrs. Anton: Honey, why is Officer Daniels here?

Mr. Anton: He has something to tell me.

Officer Daniels: I have something to tell both of you, actually. Can I come in, please? You may want to sit down for this.

Mrs. Anton: Yes, of course. Come on in, and sit down on the couch.

Officer Daniels: Thank you. *comes in and Mr. Anton closes the door*

Mrs. Anton: Would you like a drink, sir?

Officer Daniels: No, thanks. *sits down on the couch*

Mr. Anton: *sits down*

Mrs. Anton: *sits down* So, what is it that you have to tell us, sir?

Officer Daniels: *sighs heavily* Mr and Mrs. Anton, I have some news to report to you. Sad news. Are you ready?

Mr. Anton: Sure.

Officer Daniels: You sure, now?

Mrs. Anton: Yes!

Officer Daniels: Okay, here goes. There was a terrible car accident on South St, tonight. It was pretty horrible. The driver was identified as Jose Vargas and.....

Mr. Anton: We don't know Jose Vargas, sir. Why are you wasting our time?

Officer Daniels: Let me finish, Mr. Anton! As I was saying, the driver was Jose Vargas, and he was seriously injured in the accident. Had to be taken to the hospital. It appears that he is in critical condition at this point. And you want to know who the passenger that was with him at the time?

Mrs. Anton: Who?

Officer Daniels: You really want to know?

Mr. Anton: Yes, spill it already!

Officer Daniels: Your son, George.

Mrs. Anton: Oh no! My son! I hope he's okay! Is he in the hospital? How is he, sir? Can we go see him?

Officer Daniels: Mr and Mrs. Anton, it really pains me to say this, but, he didn't make it.

Mr. Anton: What?! No! Please, sir! No!

Officer Daniels: He flew through the windshield, and it was pretty nasty. Apparently, he wasn't wearing a seat belt. The medics checked for a pulse, and he was pronounced dead on the spot. I am very sorry.

Mrs. Anton: No!!!!! My son!! No!!!! *breaks down crying* MY BABY!!!!

Officer Daniels: I am truly sorry for your loss! It's gonna be okay!

Mr. Anton: How can you say that?! We lost our son, and you say it's gonna be okay?!

Officer Daniels: Calm down! Okay? I am so sorry.

Mrs. Anton: *crying hysterically* MY BABY!!!! BRING BACK MY BABY!!!!

Mr. Anton: *hugs her crying* There's nothing we can do, dear! We have to tell our daughter about this!

Officer Daniels: Everything will be okay! My deepest condolences!  I'll pray for you both! If you'll excuse me, I have to go back to the station!

This story was written on July 23rd, 2019.

A/N Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks! ❤❤❤❤❤