2

I looked myself over in the mirror one last time adjusting my black pencil skirt and white blouse. I wasn't one that particularly cared about how expensive my clothes were until I was sorted into Slytherin. Most of my Slytherin classmates came from wealthier families and Pure-Blood backgrounds. There was a certain expectation that came from my friends and in return me too. We were to dress proper and expensive for our appearances on the Platform 9 ¾ in case the Daily Profit was trying to take pictures. Though it's not like muggle celebrities it's pretty close, having cameras shoved into your face and people asking you ridiculous questions.

"Are you ready? You're going to be late!" Professor Snape called from downstairs. I collected Moon and started the endless battle of getting her into her cage. There was nothing more that my cat hated. She loved to be free and wander around. Being in a cage was like prison to her. It took a few mews and scratches but eventually, I got her in coaxing her with treats.

"Ivy?" Professor Snape called his voice sharp.

"I'm here, I'm here," I took the stairs two at a time holding Moon in her cage.

"Then let's go before you miss the train,"

~

Platform 9 ¾ was as busy as always with families crammed trying to wish their loved ones a good year at Hogwarts. Snape had left me outside Kings Cross Station quickly apparating home so he could Floo to his office in Hogwarts. I pushed through the crowd to drop my trolley and find the compartment that my friends and I always stayed at.

"Where. Have. You. Been!" a voice called before I could even open the door to our compartment. The door ripped open showing a very angry Pansy Parkinson, hands on her hips and all. "I have been sending you Owls all summer with no reply. I thought you were as good as dead. You're lucky I didn't send an Owl to Professor Snape!" Pansy huffed nowhere ready to calm down. I took me by surprise that Pansy had written to me. I had been convinced that my friends had forgotten about me. I had to wonder why I never got those letters. I had a feeling if the Death Eaters didn't know where I was, Owls didn't either.

I pushed past her and took my seat. Theodore Nott was already sitting in his usual spot back leaning against the window. His tie was loose, and the sleeves of his crisp white dress shirt were rolled to his elbows. Theodore never really cared about anything regardless of how much is parents yelled at him threatened him. It was a miracle he was wearing all the pieces of his expensive dress outfit even if his blazar was missing.

"Evans," he gave a quick nod in my direction acknowledging my presence before turning to Pansy. "Will you ever shut up? She's here now." Pansy looked him over before getting close to his face as she spoke, "Just because you don't care about Ivy doesn't mean you get to go around –" she was cut off by Theodore, "I do care about Ivy. I just know that I don't need to Owl her every day to see if she is okay. Ivy can take care of herself."

Before the two could continue to bicker, the compartment door opened once more for Blaise Zabini, Gregory Goyle, and Vincent Crabbe. They also wore the most impeccable close a lot more proper than Theo.

"What's going on?" Blaise asked, squish in between Goyle and Crabbe. The two boys had once been bigger than the rest of our year. They both slimmed out during the summer. Their height the same but they lost the intimidating obesity. Goyle had slicked back his hair and Crabbe had lost the thick whiskers that pretended to be hair on his arms. This summer had done them both some good. Blaise Zabini was the same as always, dark skin and perfect etiquette.

"Ivy disappeared over the summer. Didn't even answer one Owl. I was sure she killed or worse caught by some Death Eaters." Pansy turned to Blaise for support.