8

Eight days, eight days is how long I spent in the hospital wing. I was starting to get annoyed by the amount of time I spent counting the stones that made up the wall in front of me. My friends had come to visit me a few times but the hours a day that they were spent in class, I was spent alone in the infirmary with only Madam Pomfrey to talk to. I was going to lose brain cells if I wasn't allowed to leave soon. All I did was sleep, count stones and talk about my imageries with Madam Pomfrey. I was on the verge of losing my mind.

I was feeling better. I didn't even need half the potions I was originally on, yet I still was expected to stay a few more days. Something about monitoring me to make sure I was still myself, whatever that means. Katie Bell had left a few days previous and I was left with the sentiment of wanting to throttle somebody. I was told I got the brunt of the curse, but I just wanted to believe they were keeping me here on purpose. It was easier to be angry with them rather than myself.

"Stop that with your face," Pansy said a huge Slytherin scarf and hat accessorised her outfit.

"I'm annoyed," I did not stop the face I was making of disgust and infuriation.

"It's just a Quidditch game." Pansy tried but failed to make me feel better. "Draco isn't even playing." She added knowing it was a feeble attempt.

I had sworn Pansy under a smidge close to an unbreakable vow to keep her mouth shut about what happened between Draco and I the other night. I thought she would be upset or jealous at first after her many years of fancying Draco. To my surprise, she didn't seem to mind at all. She actually got excited for me. She had told me that Theo was convinced that Draco and I would happen sooner or later.

"I don't care about Draco playing or not. He quit the team forever ago. I just want to get out of this room." I groaned dramatically. I was being a bit of brat, but I was tired of not being able to do things that actually matter. I had an attitude and sarcasm pent up from loneliness.

"Fine. I will convince Madam Pomfrey that you need to get out of here before you do your head in...Or mine for that matter." Pansy rolled her eyes at me, taking great care in making sure I saw before leaving to find Madam Pomfrey.

~

It took a total of twenty minutes of convincing, but Pansy was eventually able to get me out of my jail cell of a bed in the infirmary. I was finally able to take a real shower and change into something other than pjs. It felt nice to get ready for a Quidditch game even if I should probably be trying to catch up on my schoolwork and damage control Draco a bit.

I put on a pair of jeans and a nice green sweater. I even added a bit of makeup to cover up the sickly look I was still sporting. I was going to have to take a few potions a day for the next three weeks or so. I felt weak but that wasn't going to stop me from trying to enjoy my first day of freedom

"Look who it is," Theo called after me as I made my first appearance in the common room since getting out of the wretched infirmary.

"I'm back," I teased with a smile.

"You look a lot better," Pansy said with a smile. Shampoo and a hairbrush did wonders to my hair. I was starting to look like a real human again.

"Are you coming to the game?" Theo asked, taking Pansy's hand as we all headed towards the Quidditch pitch.

"Of course. I need to get out of the Azkaban mindset I'm in," I may have been acting a bit theatrical but doing nothing is now certainly one of my greatest fears, I realized.

"You were in the infirmary for eight days. You slept most of them," Pansy said tired of my shit.

"It was still hell."