19

Harry peered through the floorboards trying to figure out what was happening. I watched him only a few feet away, while he watched the scene unfold upstairs. He hadn't noticed I was there yet. Betting on Dumbledore sending Harry down here when the Professor heard the trouble stirring in the halls was a good call. Only a few people knew about this floor. Well, a few people knew wasn't exactly right, it was just a little room to fix the telescope if there was anything wrong with it. Students were just not allowed down here.

Draco had opened the cabinet before he came to get me allowing his aunt and fellow Death Eaters made their way into the castle. They walked the castle as quietly as Death Eaters could. The plan was for them to not make any scene till Dumbledore was dead. Draco had met them at the bottom of the staircase to the Astronomy Tower while I slipped away to find Harry Potter. I could hear Bellatrix hiss as Draco and Dumbledore spoke. I hated her voice. It was the equivalent of nails to a chalkboard. I didn't listen to what was being said, I didn't want to hear.

"You shouldn't listen," I said.

Harry spun on his heel to face me, wand at the ready. His wand could snap with the pressure he held onto it. His face first held worry and a willingness to fight now was confused. I held both hands up in surrender my wand in my back pocket away from his line of vision. I wasn't planning on fighting Harry tonight. If I had to, I would, but I didn't want to. It was a waste of time and strength. What was important was making sure Draco finishes what he was asked to do.

"What are you doing here?!" he asked his wand never wavering. "You knew this was going to happen," he added accusingly as he took in my demeanor.

"I thought Hermione would have filled you in by now. I saw your dear friend earlier today," I told him taking a step towards him slowly gaging if he was going to attack me or not. What was the worst thing he would throw at me, Expelliarmus? My twin didn't scare me in the slightest but I still felt the need to be cautious.

"So, it's true then, you're my sister." He said his voice strained. He cocked his head towards the crack in the floorboards trying to listen to what was happening upstairs while answering me. He was trying to calculate which was more of a threat. I had to make it seem like I was more of a risk to him than whatever was going on with Dumbledore, Draco, and the Death Eaters.

"Petrificus Totalus," I whispered thinking quick on my feet, watching him fall back in fear. I was getting pretty good at wandless magic if I do say so myself. Proud of my magic, I walked over to the limp Potter and knelt down next to him. I didn't want him anywhere near upstairs, but I still had a few things I wanted to say to him. This forced him to listen to me. As he laid there frozen watching my every move, I felt my heart tug at the boy in front of me. His eyes matched the ones I had seen only a half-hour earlier in the mirror looking back at me. It was hard knowing who he was to me when now all I could see were our similarities. The eyes, the pale skin, the short stature, even the same jaw structure, but most of all the scrawniness of us both. Our thin limbs, better off with magic than anything physical.

"I'm assuming no one ever told you you had a sister," I said with a dramatic sigh. When he didn't answer due to his frozen state I continued. "Rest assured I had no idea either. I thought I was just some adopted child that had wizarding parents that either didn't want me or died. I had no idea that I was so important. I never thought...anyways, Dumbledore told me everything last summer. How our parents protected us with their lives. Our father had just enough time to hide me in a cupboard in the kitchen. Voldemort was too preoccupied with you to even care to realize I existed. It's funny how these things work. I only found out about all this because my parents were murdered. I still don't know who did it. I wish I did but would that really change anything that is happening right now? I doubt it. There's a prophecy you see, the one both you and Voldemort were unsuccessful in getting with your battle at the Ministry of Magic. Dumbledore had heard it years earlier. Draco and I are to be the key to the end of this war. A child, heir to the throne and a child born at the end of July. Voldemort always assumed it meant two boys, one of his own and you. Little did he know that if he was to fall it was Draco that would take his place and I am the child born at the end of July."