4

"Have you seen this?!" Pansy asked with a clipped voice, shoving a thick invitation into my hands. I looked over the clean white paper with thin black writing on it.

"An invitation to the 'Welcome Back' party?" I asked confused. I couldn't figure out what the problem with the invitation was. We had gotten one every year since we were in 4th year. One appeared on my bed after classes today like clockwork. The first weekend back to school there was always a party held by the Slytherins in a secret location to celebrate coming back to school. I always believed it was just a way for them to flex their money and rebel against the rules. We always had a lot of fun and typically did things we knew would get us in trouble since alcohol is strictly forbidden on the school campus for students.

"It's in our abandoned classroom!" the annoyance in her voice was clear and her actions were harsh dumping more eggs onto her plate roughly. Only a few nights back was I in that location with Malfoy and Theo. It was not a pleasant encounter.

"I don't believe it's our abandoned classroom, Pans." Always the voice of reason and one of the few people besides myself that was able to calm Pansy down, Blaise spoke up from his own breakfast.

"It is very well ours. We found it in our first year," she replied a tinge of pink to her cheeks from anger. Pansy Parkinson had had one big crush her whole school career. It was on Draco Malfoy. I remember her pining over him for years just trying to get his attention. As Draco started to have interest in other girls, Pansy realized he would never like her back the way she wanted him to. That's when Blaise came into the picture. She liked him very much and told me in secret a few days before school ended last year that she thought he had confessed his feelings for her. They just never acted upon those feelings. Both of them spending their summer apart. I thought that once they saw each other again they would start dating but I had a feeling that it was not going to happen. Pansy had explained that they thought they made better friends and left it at that.

"Well, the party committee must have also known of its location. Don't worry too much about it Pans. It's just a party," Blaise brushed off her anger and continued to eat his French Toast.

Pansy made one last huff before reading over the rest of the invitation. Her eyes danced across the page as she read something that changed her mood completely.

"It has a theme this year." She perked up showing me the invitation again. In fine print at the bottom, it stated, 'Formal attire only'. That would mean luxury dresses and perfect manicures. It wasn't much a theme to me as that's how I had always seen the rest of my classmates dress up for parties.

"I didn't know you were into dresses," Goyle said with a snort. I rolled my eyes at him. Pans may have never been the girliest of girls, but she loved any excuse to dress for a party. Pansy ignored Goyle's comment and pulled out some parchment paper and a quill from her bag.

"I'm just going to write home and have my Mother send us something. Any color preference?" She asked me as she penned in her messy handwriting a letter home. I hesitated, having no preference in color for a dress that I was sure was going to be too expensive and over the top for a welcome back party. "You always look good in green. How about a green dress?" she asked absentmindedly, not taking my opinion into account. "Wouldn't green be too...I don't know, Slytherin?" I asked, questioning her dress idea for me.

"Of course not. It would be perfect." She said rolling her eyes. I didn't question her any further after that letting her excitedly write home and send it off with her Owl.

"Well, I know I won't be dressing up," Crabbe said from his side of the table looking over his own invitation. "I do it enough as is," he added.

"Why can't you just get in the spirit. It's fun." Pansy said not taking Crabbe's comment as an answer. Pansy was always the one that got us to go along with anything she wanted. She had a way to convince anyone into everything. I was sure she was using magic half the time.