Three: Again

A/N: Another sad one. I promise it'll get better-ish. Soon. But seriously, sorry for toying with your emotions (even though it's fun.)

Kara threw herself into work. For three days, she wrote, helped around the city, then returned to her old apartment for a burning shower and a small meal. She didn't talk to Alex or see Ruby, she just fell into a routine of ignoring the emptiness in her chest. She tried to sleep, but that resulted in dreams of soft lips and gentle hands, kisses and more that filled the void in her chest, at least until she woke up and realized Lena was gone and it was all her fault.

She wrote five articles in that many days, ignoring her phone and emails all the while, knowing her voicemail box was full of worried calls from her sister. Texts from various friends, who probably wondered where Kara and Lena had been for the last few weeks filled her inbox, but she shut her phone off and tossed it aside.

"James said you were here," Alex announced, her arms crossed over her chest as she stared her little sister down.

"I'm not in the mood for a sister lecture or whatever, Alex. Just close the door on your way out," Kara muttered, not even bothering to look up from her computer.

"Close it, we're going." Alex insisted.

"You are, but I'm most certainly not." Kara sighed.

"Like hell you aren't, you need to talk to Lena, and she needs you."

"Lena was the one who said I could want her dead. She thinks I would kill her, Alex, and I don't need that." Kara looked away from her computer - just for a minute - and saw the desperate look in Alex's eyes.

"She's in the hospital, Kara." Alex finished, and within seconds, Kara was on her feet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"So what's wrong with her?" Kara finally brought herself to ask, they'd been driving in silence.

"Lena didn't eat, drink, or sleep for three days straight, and she passed out in her living room. Sam stayed, but she said Lena was really bad. Apparently, she didn't even speak for the first two days." Alex sighed. Kara sunk into her seat, guiltily.

She couldn't bring herself to speak after that, she knew this thing with Leba was all her fault for ending things over something so little. She missed Lena, as much as she hated to admit it, and seeing her would probably be the breaking point. She hated how much she loved Lena sometimes. It was like Kara couldn't function without her.

Alex parked in the hospital lot, Kara stepping out of the car reluctantly and following her sister. They paused at the front desk, then were greeted by Sam outside Lena's room, Alex receiving a quick kiss before they entered.

The second Kara stepped into the room, Lena's eyes were on her, boring into her skin. Kara had been right. She broke. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her entire body trembling as her knees threatened to buckle. It took every last bit of strength in Kara's legs to hold herself upright, though shakily.

"I can't." Kara breathed, Alex's holding all of her sister's weight. Kara felt herself being lowered to the ground gently, even Alex couldn't hold a Kryptonian up too long.

"You'll be okay." Alex murmured, but Kara shook her head,

"It's too much, I can't." Kara shook her head violently, managing to keep Alex far enough away physically.

"You can, look, I'm here." Alex insisted, reaching out a hand, only for Kara to scoot back, mumbling indistinctly, something about hurting her sister.

"Kara?" A quiet voice called, and the blonde froze. Her entire body tensed as bare feet padded across the cold tile to crouch next to her. "Hey, it's me."

"No, can't control," Kara's sobs were almost impossible to understand, but Lena knew what she meant.

"Shh, I know. Just breathe with me, okay?" Lena's gentle hands found their way through soft, blonde hair. Kara nodded, closing her eyes and listening intently to the air passing Lena's lips. "Good, feel better?" Lena smiled gently after a few minutes, sitting fully and holding up her arm for Kara to crawl under, and the superhero took the silent offer to rest her head against Lena's shoulder, her legs tucking themselves against Kara's chest.

"Lee?" Kara's voice was small, barely audible over the gentle hum of machinery in the hospital.

"I know, I'm sorry, too." Lena hummed, allowing her fingers to travel through Kara's hair.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Hey guys, it's Raven here, your host of Shipping Everything, and I'm back with the latest news on our favorite couples, our most recent National City ship battle! We all know there's a love triangle in National city, there's no doubt about that. Recently, it seems Lena Luthor's reputation for being a heartbreaker has officially peaked. She and Supergirl share quite a bit of chemistry, and apparently a lot of nights together! New security footage of Supergirl sneaking into Lena's penthouse, as well as her flying out, have us baffled.

"Kara Danvers, one of National City's resident reporters, has turned out to be Miss Luthor's favorite, as they were spotted holding hands, kissing, and being all too cozy at Cat Grant's most recent gala. Though Kara left in tears, and Lena was obviously drunk, many suspect the two are official and have declared themselves the winners of this war.

"That's all we have on Karlena and Supercorp tonight, and I leave you with this paparazzi shot of Kara and Lena entering the party. Do you think ship war is over, or is it just beginning? Signing out at FanGroups HQ, I'll see y'all next time."