Ten: Boating

Kara woke in a world of Lena. The smell of Lena's hair, the feel of Lena's arms around her waist, Lena's leg thrown over hers. Kara could hear Lena's heartbeat and ignored the sound of chaos downstairs to stay in the moment with her half-asleep girlfriend. Lena snuggled into her chest, yawning quietly, and Kara didn't ever want to move. She knew Lena was awake, but she didn't dare move and disturb the gentle awakening of a sleeping goddess. Lena lifted her head slowly, turning to look at Kara. Green eyes met blue and Lena smiled sleepily, moving to place a tired kiss on Kara's lips.

"G' mornin'," Lena mumbled.

"Hi, there." Kara murmured, kissing Lena again. "Are you still asleep?"

"Mhmm, yeah." Lena hummed, flopping back down onto the bed.

"Okay, come here." Kara chuckled, pulling Lena back in to hold her.

"Is anyone else up?" Lena asked.

"Everyone else." Kara laughed. Lena's head perked up, seemingly surprised.

"I slept in?"

"Yeah, you did."

"We gotta get up."

"No!" Kara groaned, her arms wrapping tightly around Lena. 

"Kara!" Lena giggled, her arms wrapping around Kara's neck as the blonde rolled them over.

"We should stay in this bed forever," Kara announced seriously. "I will never let you go."

"Alex is probably coming to get us." Lena scrunched up her nose as Kara peppered her face with kisses.

"Just shut up and kiss me." Kara sighed.

"If you insist," Lena smiled, pressing her lips against Kara's.

"Please be decent!" Alex shouted from outside the door, but Kara ignored her, content kissing Lena. "God, why couldn't you stop making out?" Alex scrunched her face up in disgust.

"Why must you be the ruiner of moments?" Kara asked.

"Because of food," Alex stated simply, and Kara was out of bed in a heartbeat. "I'll let you change."

Kara was dressed before Lena had even gotten out clothes, carefully avoiding the ring box. The blonde waited impatiently, managing to wait until Lena was dressed to speed down the stairs and load her own plate with food and a smaller one for Lena. No one even bothered with good mornings, knowing Kara had tunnel vision when it came to food. Lena entered the kitchen to a chorus of good mornings, taking a seat next to Kara with a smile.

"You're an intergalactic puppy." Lena shook her head with a wide smile on her lips, earning laughs of agreement all around the otherwise quiet table as everyone ate. Kara, even after having the most food and being second-to-last to start eating, finished first and began the dishes, soon being joined by Alex and Lena, who had insisted J'onn did too much.

"What are we doing today?" Sam asked, setting her plate in the sink.

"I got us a boat," Lena announced.

"Bought or rented? Please tell me rented." Kara asked, earning a sheepish smile from the brunette. "Lee," Kara giggled, shaking her head.

"You bought a boat for a trip to the lake?" Winn asked. "Can I borrow a few thousand?"

"Yes and not until you tell me what it's for." Lena smiled.

"For me." Winn shot back.

"Investment denied." Kara piped up before Lena could agree. "You're employed."