Twelve: Surprise

Kara climbed up the stairs to her and Lena's room to change into her sweats per Alex's suggestion for a comfortable game of Clue and snacks. She almost didn't notice the white box on their bed, a red bow and envelope on top of it. Kara smiled, opening the envelope to find a note from her girlfriend.

Kara,

I know it's cheesy, but as you know, I was in high school while you were still on Krypton, so I never had a prom. Until now. I got you hair, nail, and makeup appointments as Supergirl, so you can take off your glasses, and Alex helped me pick out a dress for you. Meet me on the boat at eight. No cheating. I know exactly what you're thinking. No earlier.

Love, Lee

Kara giggled and carried the box and note downstairs to show Alex (who was anxiously anticipating adorable Kara excitement) and the boys. J'onn, of course, knew, and Alex made Kara look at the dress, a beautiful navy blue gown, sequined like a belt around her waist, stray jewels above and below that made it look like it was being pulled together by a magnet.

"I can't believe you kept Lena's surprise prom a secret from me!" Kara exclaimed, shoving her sister gently. "How long has she been planning this?"

"Since Saturday, when we got here. Luthor money can do anything." Alex laughed. "Come on, let's get you prom ready."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kara studied herself in the mirror, holding fistfuls of her skirt anxiously. Her hair had been French braided into a half-up bun, nails painted to match her dress (but left short for thanking Lena), and makeup was done perfectly. She'd opted for a more natural look, but her eyes were done glamorously, slivers to make her blue eyes brighter, and false lashes that made her feel like a princess. All Kara wanted to do was see Lena, she knew the brunette would go all out for this. Alex finally agreed that it was time to go, forcing Kara into the backseat so that Sam (who had come back without Lena to get ready for queer prom) could ride shotgun.

"How much longer?" Kara asked, staring at her phone. She'd texted Lena, but the brunette hadn't responded, very serious about "no contact until eight."

"Chill, Kara, I'm driving the speed limit." Alex rolled her eyes.

"No, you're not. You're going slower so that we get there at exactly eight." Kara groaned.

"Kara Zor-El, calm down. It's not like Lena's letting us on the boat early." Alex fired back, a smile on her lips as Sam intertwined their fingers. She and Sam had both picked out suits with flats, laughing when they saw each other.

"I see it!" Kara squealed, checking the time again. Seven fifty-nine. Alex stopped by the dock, tossing her keys to James.

"She'll explode if she doesn't kiss Lena within twenty seconds." She muttered, draping an arm over Sam's shoulders as they followed Kara. They reached the boat with ten seconds to spare, Kara checking Alex's pocket for the ring again. She wasn't planning on stealing Lena's thunder, but Alex told her to bring it, just in case. At exactly eight o'clock, Lena emerged from below deck in a two-piece, off-the-shoulder red dress, the skirt flowing behind her. Kara smiled. Lena looked amazing, as always.

"Hi," Lena laughed, opening the gate for Alex and Sam to step through, Kara following.

"Hey," Kara pressed a kiss to Lena's lips, then pulled back to look at her again. Perfectly winged eyeliner, red lipstick, and the most beautiful smile in the multiverse. "You look amazing." Kara managed, breathily, as she placed her hands on Lena's waist.

"So do you," Lena smiled, wrapping her arms around Kara's neck, leaning forward to whisper in her ear, "There are potstickers upstairs."

"I'm good here." Kara shrugged, kissing Lena again.

"Alex is gonna eat them all." Lena reminded her, pulling away to follow Kara up the stairs.

Upstairs was decorated beautifully, streamers wrapped around the railings, balloons tied to every table. Instead of a punch bowl, there was beer, whiskey, soda, and wine. Lena knew Alex would probably spike punch if they had it. Everyone was upstairs, even Eliza and Ruby.

"You're sneaky." Kara teased, pulling Lena back in. After this, she never wanted to let go.

"You're easy to sneak past." Lena shrugged innocently.

The night went on, Winn driving again, and Nia choosing the music. Ruby had missed her moms, so she wasn't attached to Kara's hip the whole night, which gave her plenty of time to make out with her girlfriend not-so-discretely on the dance floor.

"Kar?" Lena asked, pulling her head from its place, nuzzled into the side of Kara's neck. "I love you so much. I never want to live without you."

"I love you, too." Kara smiled widely, but Lena nodded to Sam instead of kissing her like normal.

"We took three years to kiss for the first time, and everything after that has been a dream. I've met both of your mothers, who both gave me their blessing to ask you this." Sam handed her a velvet box, and Lena knelt down. "Kara Zor-El, will you marry me?" Kara covered her mouth, tears running down her face as she stifled laughs.

"Alex, give me," Kara called, waving her sister over. Lena tilted her head to the side as Alex tossed her another velvet box. "I'll marry you on one condition. You marry me."

"I think that's a given," Lena laughed, offering Kara her left hang. "Hell yes."

Kara slipped the ring on Lena's finger, accepting her own and pulling Lena off the floor and into her arms. Lena kissed her so hard she was dizzy, but that didn't matter. Lena proposed. She was engaged. They were engaged.

"When did you get this?" Lena asked, studying her ring.

"Today. That was the whole reason we had a sister day." Kara explained, looking down at her own ring. "What about you?"

"A month ago," Lena admitted. "I didn't tell anyone until I thought the timing was right and we'd really talked about it."

"We should go to town tomorrow. The man who sold me that was so sweet."

"We're staying on the boat tonight, J'onn isn't stopping me from what I want to do," Lena smirked, pulling Kara in by her hips.

"I think that's a great idea.

A/N: Do you guys want smut or is it just one of you? I'll write it, but I don't think I'm very good at it...