Fourteen: Out and Proud

Tuesday morning, Kara woke under a thin blanket, a naked Lena asleep on the makeshift bed beside her. Everything was surreal, especially the ring on her finger she'd forgotten to take off the night before. Lena stirred, realizing she wasn't cuddled against Kara as usual and rolled over, pouting. She draped an arm across Kara's waist and placed her head on Kara's shoulder. Kara kissed Lena's forehead just as someone knocked on the door. Green eyes flew open as she pulled the blanket up over herself and Kara, the superhero scrambling to find at least a bra from the previous night.

"It's Alex. I figured you wouldn't want to drive home in prom dresses." Kara's sister called, leaving the door shut knowingly. Lena wrapped one of the blankets from their bed as Kara stood, taking the top blanket with her.

"Thank you," Kara mumbled, only sticking her arm through to take Alex's offering.

"Tell your fiancée I have coffee." Alex sighed, retreating back up the stairs. Lena stood, reaching out a hand for her own clothes. Kara smiled, handing over a pair of jeans and a hoodie with the Superfamily 'S' printed across the front.

"Good morning, fiancée." Kara murmured, pulling Lena in for a long kiss.

"Good morning," Lena let a soft smile spread across her lips as Kara pulled away to tug a sports bra over her head, then an L-Corp hoodie. "I think you switched the clothes."

"I think it's better this way." Kara shrugged. Lena laughed, pulling on her own sweater and jeans.

"You're cute." The brunette wrapped her arms around Kara's neck, her breath ghosting across her hero's lips.

"Oh, really?" Kara asked, tilting her head to the side. Lena nodded, her nose brushing against Kara's.

"Very." Lena closed the gap, pressing her lips against Kara's gently.

"We should head up. Alex brought coffee." Kara mumbled against Lena's lips, causing the brunette to pull away abruptly and practically sprint up the stairs.

"Kara, Ruby's here," Lena called, and Kara followed quickly, lifting her nice above her head like Simba.

"Hi, there Ruby-loo!" Kara cooed, earning squeals and giggles from the little girl.

"Auntie Kara! Mama says you're gonna get married. Can I be the flower girl?" Ruby asked as Kara placed the toddler on her hip.

"Of course," Lena answered, tickling the girl's foot playfully. "We'll even help you pick the prettiest dress."

"And Mommy can be there, too, and Mama, and Grammy." Ruby continued on excitedly.

"We don't even need a wedding planner. You've got it all covered!" Lena teased. "And of course your mommies will be there. Your Mama is gonna be my maid of honor."

"And Mommy's gonna be mine," Kara added.

"Great way of asking." Alex teased, bumping her hip against Kara's before handing her a hot chocolate. She gave Ruby a smaller one and a kiss before handing Lena a large coffee with cream and sugar, but with "black" written on the side.

"I thought it was a given." Kara shrugged, bouncing Ruby around the boat.

"It was." Alex smiled. "Sam's pumped, by the way. She wants to help plan if you aren't hiring a planner."

"We haven't really talked about it yet," Lena glanced at Kara quickly, "But I don't think we need one. I build image inducers by day and plan company galas by night, and Kara plans an epic release party."

"We'll do it." Kara nodded, still playing with Ruby as more of their friends boarded the boat, Sam, Winn, and Eliza.

"I heard that. I already have ideas." Eliza smiled. "Now, give me my grandbaby."