Chapter Two

"Hey, so Friday we can start painting, this week we are just so busy with work" Eric worked as an attorney and Ryan worked as a Chef he even owned his own restaurant which was cool I guess I finished my pancakes and put began to wash the dishes.

"Cy you don't have to" I cringed at the name and continued to wash the dishes.

"It's fine" I replied. In more than a couple of my past foster homes, I was always doing the cleaning and stuff it was a force of habit. After I washed the dishes and took a small break there was a knock at the door.

I looked through the peephole and saw the girl I met at the store with women and a man next to her. I opened the door as Ryan came downstairs.

"Oh hi, guys I see you have already met Cy" I cringed at the name again I really didn't like it when people I barely knew called me that.

"Hello Cyrus, I'm so glad to meet you I'm Bex and this is Bowie" I waved walking to the couch as everyone sat down.

"God this is gonna suck"

"Why don't you guys go find something fun to do something kid-like," Bowie said smiling.

"Just besides drugs or alcohol" Bex added.

"Been there done that"

"I have an idea you should show Cyrus around town"

"Please no"

"Yeah, go to the spoon and invite your friends," Bowie said.

"Sound cool," She asked me smiling god she smiled so much it makes me want to throw up. I shrugged my shoulders even though inside I was screaming no.

"Yeah ok, let's go" She grabbed my hand and I quickly pulled it away.

"Don't" I said quietly annoyed by what she did.

"Sorry I just get overly excited sometimes" She chuckled.

"No fucking kidding" After walking and Andi asking me a shit ton of questions like if you see I don't respond to the first five I'm not gonna responded to the next billion. Anyway, after a shit ton of walking, we made it to this diner called The Spoon.

"The rest of them should be inside waiting for us"

"God there's more?!" We stepped through the doors of the somewhat busy diner and were greeted by the ring of a bell. A girl with medium length curly hair called us over. We walked over and across from her was a short-haired boy holding a frisbee. She moved over and I took a seat.

"So she's Buffy and this is Jonah" I attempted to put on a fake smile but stopped realizing I couldn't. I waved and sat down as they both smiled at me.

"Alright, this is Cyrus he doesn't talk much" A waitress walked up putting a large bowl of tater tots in the middle of the table. I took one and when I ate it, it tasted fucking amazing.

"So where did you come from" I shrugged at the question Jonah had asked me and continued to eat.

"He's not an alien Jonah, sorry about that" Buffy said.

"Shit" I felt my nose and felt it bleeding. I looked around and saw a bathroom. I quickly got up going to the bathroom and cleaned up my bloody nose.

"Do we have to hang out with him he's weird" I overheard Jonah say.

"He's not weird he just different" I rushed outside walking back to Ryan and Eric's house. I couldn't help but get mad even though this is what always happens. People just assume and judge me even if I haven't said a single word.

"Cyrus, what are you doing back?" Ryan said. I ignored them storming to the bathroom and laying down in the bathtub. There was a small knock on the door followed by a soft voice.

"Cy are yo-"

"Leave me the fuck alone!" My voice began to break as I started to cry.

"I miss you so much" I began to cry harder holding my necklace close to my chest and fell asleep.

~(A Couple Hours Later)~

I opened my eyes not from sleeping but from trying. I got up from the tub and looked in the mirror noticing the dark bag in my eyes and took my meds. I unlocked the door opening it and notice a sleeping Ryan sitting up against the wall. Moonlight lit up the carpet a little and I sat next to him putting my head on his shoulder.

He cares?

~(The Next Day)~

I yawned slowly getting out of bed. I love the feeling of wanting to go back to sleep since I barely ever get to. After getting dressed for school I went downstairs and made a bowl of cereal for Ryan, Eric and I. Footsteps came from upstairs and that startled me making me spill the milk.

"Shit shit shit" I quickly grabbed paper towels and began to clean up the spilled milk.

"Cyrus?"

"I'm sorry I'll clean this up I-I made you guys cereal," I said scared.

"Your gonna be late Cyrus" I got up and began to eat my cereal. After we all finished we all went to the car.

"Hey I just wanted to say sorry again about yesterday," I said looking down at my feet.

"It's alright Cy" I cringed at the nickname Ryan gave me.

"Did you take your meds?"

"Yes," I replied, "And can you please stop calling me Cy?" I added quietly.

"Sorry," Ryan said as we drove off in the direction of the school. Once we reached the school Eric and Ryan took me to the main office.

"You must be Cyrus," A man with a suit and white hair said putting his hand out. I turned down the handshake as he looked up to Eric.

"I can take him from here" They both smiled and said their goodbyes. I was sitting in his office he was waiting for a student to show me my classes. The door creaked open and the same guy from the spoon was behind it.

"Are you fucking kidding me"