Chapter Six

I looked outside the window and saw Tj riding his bike.

"Finally" I opened up my window and looked at him smirking.

"Catch" I whispered out the window throwing a bag down. I creaked open my door and after assuring myself that it was safe I quickly but quietly snuck downstairs. I slowly opened the front door and closed it soft and when I turned around I saw Tj with a look of worry.

"Let's go" Tj hooped on his bike and I got on the back holding his waist as I sat in the back.

"Hey don't make this gay," I said jokingly.

"Whatever you say Cyrus" He began to peddle and soon we were off. The small buildings were lit up with light that seemed to beam off of each other.

"It's beautiful," Bambi said in my ear.

"Yeah, it is" I replied.

"What?" Tj asked.

"Nothing, stop here" He hit the breaks slowly and I looked to the left of us at a small abandoned looking building. I got off the bike and picked the lock that was on the gate.

"Do you really think this is smart?" I ignored his comment walking through the gate and going to the back of the building.

I opened the bag and pulled out spray paint bottles.

"Oh no, I'm not doing that"

"Then don't I'll walk back just leave!" I whispered yelled back at Tj. He let out a sigh as I started to paint the wall.

"They're gonna get rid of me anyway" I replied simply.

"What do you mean?" Tj asked and I realized I never told him I was a foster kid.

"I'm a foster kid" I reply. "This is my fifth home this month so I doubt I'll stay" I add.

"Oh...I just thought you were their nephew or something. I'm sure they love you," He says with a small smile.

"You say they love me because you've seen nothing but love so that's all you see when someone gives a person a single hug that's love and whatever but imagine being me I haven't been loved in years the only person that has loved me!-"

Tears filled my eyes as I continued to paint the brick wall I wasn't even painting anything at this point I'm just angry.

"Hey!" We heard a voice yell and looked behind us.

"Don't worry Tj he's just a security guard just walk back slowly" We began to walk back slowly and a smirk grew on my face.

"Now fucking run!" I laughed running towards Tj's bike getting on.

"Hurry up come on!" Tj hopped on the bike with the black duffel bag of spray paint over his shoulders. I began to pedal the direction we came from looking back at the out of breath cop. As I pedaled faster the tears that filled my eyes and ran down my cheek quickly dried. 

"That was fucking insane Bambi did you see that"

"Hell yeah I did!" I pedaled faster reaching and we eventually reached Ryan and Eric's house. Adrenaline was still flowing through my body it had been a while since a police officer caught me spray painting.

"That was insane," Tj said running his hand through his hair.

"Yes it was, you ever thought about eating less?" He began to laugh hysterically making me chuckle

"Shhh there gonna hear I'm going back inside go home" Tj got back on his bike still laughing just quieter.

"Alright bye Cyrus"

"Bye Tj" He rode off into the night sky. I laid down on the grass looking up at the stars.

"We used to love doing this" I looked over to the left of me and saw her.

"I still do"

"Yeah but now when you look up you angry, what happened Cy?"

"You had to leave," I said quietly reaching to hold her hand.

~(In The Morning )~

After taking my meds I went back to my bed lying down. Ryan poked his head through the crack of the door.

"Hey come and get some breakfast"

"Not hungry" I reply groaning.

"You sure? You didn't have any dinner last night"

"Yes," I said with a small attitude in my voice making him sigh.

"Sorry I'm just not hungry I'll make a sandwich or something later"

"Alright," He closed the door and after hearing his footsteps trail away I sat up.

"H-hey Bambi you there?" There was no response after I whispered the question. I fidgeted with the loose string on my blanket then there was a small knock on the door.

"Come in"

"Who were you talking to"

"Nobody" I answered back.

"Well we're leaving now don't do anything dumb" Ryan joked.

"Ok" I looked outside the window after Eric walked back downstairs and watched as they pulled out of the driveway. I heard a knock on my window and shot up looking at smiling Tj. I quickly opened it as he climbed in.

"Christ thought they would never leave"

"What are you doing here and how did you climb up here?"

"I didn't want to go to school and outside your window and down it's like this weird thing with vines in it," He said.

"Alright, that brings me to my final question why the fuck are you here?!"

"Well I felt bad you got suspended so I came here"

"You really wanna be my friend don't you?"

"I just don't want you to hate me"

"I'd prefer the term strongly dislike" I chuckled laying down.

"I also wanted to apologize about last night" I didn't respond and a somewhat blank expression grew on my face.

"I-it's fine"