Chapter 17

TJ'S POV

I smiled showing my parents the B I got on my test.

"No offense son but I thought you sucked at math since you have your math dyslexia," My dad said ruffling up my hair.

"Cyrus helped me understand the equations, he also told me to just take a deep breath whenever the numbers on my paper get all mixed up and blurry"

"Well that's good" My mom added in.

"Are you guys coming to my game Thursday?" I asked putting my test on the counter.

"Yeah, of course, we are," My dad said tossing me an apple.

"Is it ok if I go to the spoon with my friends?" I asked before taking a bite of the sweet green apple.

"Yeah sure," My mom replied.

~(At The Spoon)~

"To Tj and his B," Andi said jokingly giving me a toast with her milkshake. Andi, Buffy, Jonah, Cyrus and I were sitting at our usual booth at the spoon. We were own having or separate conversation, well nearly everyone Cyrus was to busy stuffing baby taters in his mouth.

"I wanted to say thank you again for helping me," I said to Cyrus.

"Mhm," He said with his mouth full.

"You guys coming to my game on Thursday?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"Yeah"

"Yeah"

"Maybe"

They all replied at the same time. I already knew that Cyrus was the one who said maybe he always does. Maybe for Cyrus means no and I think that will never change. I pulled my camera from my pocket and took a picture of Cyrus with a mouth full of baby taters. He made his annoyed face before throwing a baby tater at me.

"Cyrus you should go to the game, it's really fun," Andi said to him.

"Yeah," Buffy said supported her.

"Hmmm, sit in the bleachers and watch sweaty guys fight for a ball or watch scary movies. I think I'll go with option two" He said in a half-joking voice.

"Your no fun" Jonah added in,

"Well, watching sweaty guys run back and forth isn't my thing" He responded making me chuckle.

"Oh this is gonna be funny"

"I'm just saying it would be fun is all" Jonah agued back.

"Guys, I think that watching sweaty guys turns Jonah on, he is getting really defensive about it," Cyrus said making me burst out in laughter.

"Andi cover your virgin ears!" Buffy said quickly as she began to laugh.

"Whats your come back" I managed to ask Jonah laughing between every syllable.

"I do n- no it does not tur-" He got flustered and sunk into his chair. We all began laughing even harder getting nearly everyone's attention in the restaurant. I looked over at Cyrus smiling and everything just got canceled out but him. His being like this was enough to make me smile which felt weird. I snapped myself out of the daze I was in but I couldn't keep my eyes off him.

"Jesus Tj what's wrong with you, your straight"

I laughed to myself at the thought of being gay or Bi, it wasn't me being homophobic it's just the thought of me liking a guy seemed nearly impossible to the point where it was funny.

~(Later That Night)~

CYRUS'S POV

I walked passed Eric and Ryans' room door that was slightly open. Through the crack of the door, I saw Ryan sitting on the bed crying. I knocked on the door and Ryan quickly responded.

"Co-Come in" I walked in and he gave me a weak smile. "What up Cyrus?" He said wiping his eyes. One corner of the bed was covered with papers.

"Is everything ok?" I asked sitting down on the floor next to him.

"Yeah yeah," He responded lowly.

"Ryan it's me, I know when something isn't ok" He gave me a soft smile and began flipping the papers.

"It's the restaurant, so many things have to be fixed and that's gonna set me back by a lot on the taxes for the restaurant"

"By how much?" I asked concerningly

"Four hundred dollars" tears began to creep down his eye and down his cheek. I could tell how much this restaurant meant to him.

"Hey um, don't tell Eric any of this"

"Why not?"

"Cause something like this happened before and he just treated me like a child trying to hold my hand every step of the way"

"Oh alright, Be right back" I got up going to my room grabbing a wooden box and the key. I came back to Ryan sitting down next to him.

"Before I unlock this you have to promise me you won't tell anyone ok"

"I promise" I unlocked the box with a loud click and opened it, in the box was half of a photo, black nail polish and eight hundred dollars in cash.

"Where did you get all of this money?"

"It was money for if I ever ran away," I said quietly. "there's eight hundred in there I think, I'll give you five hundred," I said as I began to count the bills.

"I can't accept this Cy-"

"But you will" I continued to count the money.

"You know your safe here right Cyrus, we would never give you a reason to run away"

"I know" I replied. "And five hundred" I handed him the money and he still looked confused as he took it.

"I'll pay you back, Cyrus"

"You don't have to really it's fine," I said giving him a smile. Next, I did something I had never done to anyone since my birthday. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. I could tell that he was in shock too because it took him a moment to realize what was happening.

~(The Next Day After Tj's Basketball Game)~

"We won!, Saturday is the championship game," Tj said excitedly like he was on a sugar high. We were all in my room because apparently, that's where uninvited guest go after a basketball you didn't go to.

"I bet Jonah enjoyed the game," I said jokingly smirking at him. He threw a pillow at me hitting my chest.

"Don't mess up my room you guys already came here uninvited"

"Yeah yeah," Andi said playing with my hair. I didn't bother stopping her because it felt a bit nice.

"Wouldn't it of made sense to go To Tj's house?" I asked.

"I wanted to celebrate with everyone" I rolled my eyes as we started to talk about random things to pass the time.