9

Naomi's P.O.V.

June 6, 1962

Lucy was on Benny's right and me walking on his left. As we were walking along into town, every now and then I would feel his hand brush up against mine but I didn't say anything, or even think anything of it.

But one thing that I really took a note to was what he was wearing. Benny was always one to wear the same thing, but tonight, he was wearing something I wouldn't think to see him even in. Tonight, he wore the same blue jeans, and P.F. Flyers, but instead of a jersey or something, he wore a bottom down blue jean shirt.

It wasn't that big of a change but to me, it was.

He wasn't wearing a hat either, his hair was down and not shaped back or anything, just flowed down. He looked comfortable, but cute.

We walked across the side walk, and I started to get impatient as to where we were going.

"Benny," I paused as I watch his attention come to me.

"Hmm?" He mumbled.

"Where are we going?" He brought up a quick smirk before he pointed up to a restaurant that was in front of us. Johnny Rockets.

I smiled remembering the memories from this place. Back when we were living, ya know, other places, this was Dad's favorite restaurant. Instead of watching games at home, we would come here. It would be us, and some of dad's friends that happened to there too.

There was one time that we went back in Florida, one of the many states that we lived in. That game was the Brooklyn Dodgers, and the Los Angles Angels. I couldn't forgot that day. That was the last game that I got to see with my father.

The game was his life, and after he was gone, it became mine.

Benny opened the door for me and Lucy, who traded wrist and was now holding mine. The second we got inside, the smell just put me back. Lucy wouldn't understand or even know what I'm feeling, but realizing that she was also there, makes the memories stronger.

We stood by the door and waited for a hostess to come to give a table. While I was looking around, I caught a glance with Benny. Who was staring down at me.

"What?" I asked bring him out of his trance.

"Huh? Uh-nothing." He studdered.

I smiled looking down at the floor. That's when the hostess approached us, "How many tonight?"

"3." Benny answered. Then we followed her to a table in the back and I sat down in the booth with Lucy on my right and Benny on the other side of here.

She gave us menus then walked away. I opened the pack of crayons for Lucy to color on her menu, then looked up to see Benny staring at me again.

"Do you need some help Rodriguez?" I asked putting my head on my balled fist leaning over to look at him.

"Gosh, you are just so beautiful." He mumbled looking down at the table.

I blushed looking away, then making my mind up on what food I wanted and got Lucy's.

We all walked out of a baseball store that was also on the strip as Johnny Rockets.

I laugh as we walk out at the story Benny was telling me.

"I'm being serious, I literally kicked that old clown at the fair in the shin and ran away. I don't think I've never ran after in my life then I did that night." He continued to laugh with me.

After a little bit, we both calmed down and we walked into a candy store that Lucy really badly wanted to go in. I didn't mind, I mean we've dragged her into everything that we wanted to go in.

Me and Benny said that we weren't going to buy anything, but little does he know, I bought him this jersey in the last store we went into. I saw him looking at it while me and Lucy were looking at the kids stuff.

It was a Dodgers throw over jersey. Looking at the shirt and him, I guessed on his size and just bought it. I wasn't carrying it with me, I actually got into talking to the cashier there when I was buying it, and Benny took Lucy somewhere. But anyways, she told me that there was a job opened there and I should come back to see if I would like it, and I could pick up the jersey.

We reached a wall that had bins with more bins full of candy. So me being the great sister I am, I got a plastic bag and let her fill it up.

"I rant te m an ms." She said pointing up to the bin.

Benny, without hesitation, picked her up and let her get it.

At this moment I could probably cry if happiness. Lucy is actually trusting someone else. I really can't explain how hard it is for me and Cameron to get her to trust us.

She hated being touched, and didn't like when people gave her attention. She liked to be left alone in my mother's arms. It was weird for a little bit till I understood what it was like for her, and why she was like this.

Seeing her be fun with Benny doing this, it kinda made me think. Why was she all of a sudden okay with this? She barley knew Benny, I barley knew Benny. Just mainly the things that we've talked about, and from what I could tell, Benny was a very kind hearted, loving man. He was only 14, but man, he was such a kind kid.

After she filled a bag, and after me and Benny got one because why not. I made sure to pay for it, and then we walked out.

"It's going on 9, should we just walk back home?" I asked as we reached the sidewalk.

"I have one more place to show you, if that's okay." He mumbled shoving his hands in his packets.

I smiled looking up at him, "Yeah, of course."

He nodded looking at Lucy, who was looking at him. As of right now, she was holding onto my wrist with her left, and holding the bag of candy in her right. After a few moments of looking at Benny, she did something I've never seen her do, unless it was me. Not even to my own mother she would do this.

She dropped her hand from my wrist and reached her hands up at Benny, telling him she wants him to carry her.

He looked at me, asking if it was okay, which made me nod, and he picked her up, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

Seeing him with her, and how comfortable she was with him. Gosh, I think I'm falling for him.