18

Naomi's P.O.V.

June 24, 1962

Me and Benny walk hand in hand on our way back to his house.

"Hey listen, I think I'm going to go back home tonight." I mumbled looking down at my shoes.

"Ni I don't think that's a good idea." He said, I could feel him looking at me.

"If I don't go back, it'll get worse for when I do go back. I can't stay at your house forever Benny." I said, then looking up at him.

"I need to know that you are safe when you leave, okay? I need you, Lucy, and Cam safe. Safe." He said stopping as we walked down at the road.

"Benny, calm down. I'm 15, I think I can handle this and them, besides, you're 14, you can't just open your house when your mom might not be okay with it." I said starting to continue to walk down the road.

"Ni," he paused grabbing my wrist, "Please stay with me tonight. I don't want you guys in that house, especially after the way your face looks after what she did to you." He said pointing to my cheek.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms, "Benny, please just leave it alone."

"No, no I will not Naomi." He started to raise his voice.

"Benny." I mumbled.

"I care way to much about you to see you look like this. I don't think you seem to notice how bad you look. You are always working, and then having to take care of Cam and Lucy. I know you don't want to leave you mom, but Naomi, staying one night at my house isn't going to be the end of the world. Please just stay." He begged.

I uncrossed my arms, and thought.

I understand that he said that in his favorite person in the world, but why was he acting like this? Not to mention, that conversation I heard one day at "Ricky's Sports". I wasn't dumb I knew it was about me, so why was he asking like this all of a sudden?

"Yeah, fine whatever." I mumbled, then started walking again towards his house.

June 25, 1962

I woke up to Benny still sleeping and Lucy snuggled up with me. I yawn as I looked down at her and carefully got up and snuggled her up to Benny while I went to the bathroom.

As I was walking down the hallway, I started to notice all the pictures that were there of them. Benny, Beth, Hudson, her husband, and a little girl. I then remembered what Benny told me yesterday about his sister.

He never really told me what she looked like or who she was as a person. Just the way she died. I followed the hallway and continued to look at all the pictures.

That was till I heard a door open from the end of the hallway. I looked over to see Benny standing in his door way. Him rubbing his eyes, and trying to look at me, but from it being so bright, he really couldn't.

"What are you doing Ni?" He asked in his morning voice as he slowly made his way to me.

"I was going to the bathroom when I noticed all the pictures." I paused looking over at him, "I'm really sorry about your sister."

He nodded, "Its fine Ni, she's in a better place than the stupid valley."

I nodded walking to the bathroom and did what I needed to do. Time was going as slow and peaceful as possible, till I saw the clock hanging in the bathroom.

8:56

I open the store today, at 9.

"Fucking shit." I mumbled hurrying back to Benny's room where everything of mine still was.

"Wow, why so fast?" Benny asked alert as he sat up on the bed with Lucy following the actions.

I threw him clothes for Lucy and stripped as fast as I could. In front of him again.

"Hurry and help Lucy put these on. I was supposed at be at work by now. I'm opening up today. I can't be late like I always am." I said, then running back to the bathroom, brushing my hair and teeth.

I got my bag along with Lucy's camera she likes to take to daycare and looked at a now dressed Lucy.

I put the stuff on the bed beside her and got the hair brush along with some ponytail holders, putting her hair half up and half down.

I picked her up and looked over at Benny hurrying to get dressed. I've never seen him just in boxers before. Hmm.

Naomi snap out of you, you wanted to change, you need to change.

I shake my head, "Why are you getting changed?"

"I'm walking you to work, I need to go to Vincent's anyways, I need to pick up a ball." He said throwing on a jersey.

We walked out, Lucy hold onto my right wrist and Benny's left.

"Where do you think your going without breakfast?" Beth called out.

"Mom, Ni is already late for work, I'm going to walk her, I'm sorry, gotta go." Benny said rushing us out the door.

We basically ran all the way there, while Lucy was in Benny's arms. As we reached the store it was now 9:25.

"Can you please take Lucy to daycare?" I asked as I struggled to get the door open due to my adrenaline.

"Yeah, where is it?" He asked still holding onto Lucy.

"Right down the road, just two blocks. It's called Kiddy's Day Palace. Lucy will see it and go running for it." I explained.

"Well have a good day at work. I'll see you-" He stopped waiting for me to finish the sentence.

"I'm working the longest today. I should be here till 4." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, me and the guys will come by to get you, and we can head back home or even go do something." Benny shrugged.

"Okay, sounds like fun, see you at 4." I said then walking into the store.

I was sitting at the counter, and watching the clock all day. Some people came in today but not a lot of business. It was mainly just coaches coming to get the good baseballs for practice or something.

It was going on 2, and that was when Ted came in.

"Hello Naomi." He said and started making his way to the break room.

"Hello Ted, make sure that Lindys lipstick isn't on you, oh that's right, she didn't come in today. So why are you here?" I asked turning around.

"Lindy didn't come in today? She called me last n-" he paused, "She called me last night be-"

"Save it. I don't want to hear about it. Be lucky I haven't said anything to your boss yet." I joked around. I wasn't one to snitch, but I was one to have fun with the situation.

"Please don't, I could be fired. What about I do something for you? Like you can have a free membership here and get anything you want?" He asked pleading.

"I already do Ted." I smirked.

"What about a raise?" He asked.

My smirked dropped, "A raise? How much?"

"How much will it take for you not to tell?" I better take this to my advantage.

"5 bucks, an hour." I smirked.

"You're only making 1.50 now." He stated.

"Don't mean I can't make more. It's either more money, or your job Ted. It's only one call away." I said pretending to reach for the phone.

"Okay fine, you won. You will now be making 5. You better not tell anyone about this. Your making more then must families out there. I might have to lay someone off at one of my branches, and you'll have to pick up some around here."

"Doesn't seem like a problem to me." I smirked.