22

Naomi's P.O.V.

June 26, 1962

Me and Benny are walking down the street to our neighborhood amazed at what just happened.

After I pitched we threw a few balls with the team members. Each got an autographed ball, and signed jersey. Pictures with them and I got a special of me and Jackie, then me and Eddie. Then Jackie gave me a Dodgers baseball hat.

I talked to a few of them that have been playing for a few years, one said he remembered meeting a man that almost looked just like me. I smiled at his words. If you ever meet my father he was one that you couldn't forget, but one to remember.

"Wait, before we go back home, let's go to the sandlot." Benny exclaimed. It was only 7 o'clock so the boys might actually be there.

We walked over to the gate, him opening it for me and then he followed me in. Surprisingly, the boys were out here, I looked back at Benny who looked at the field.

"We may not have a big leagues field like the were just playing on, but we still have our own field, the sandlot." He smiled down at me as I looked up at him.

"Gosh you're so beautiful." He mumbled.

"You told me that on our first night out together." I smirked.

"You heard me say that?" He asked in a panic looking up at me. I nodded looking at him.

"Yeah I did."

He smiled looking off the the left, "Cmon."

He walked to the in field and he put me on the pitchers mound, but turned me around to I was facing the outfield.

"Benny what are you doing?" I asked chuckling as he put a blindfold on me.

"Wait here." He said before I could hear the footsteps of him walking away. It was peaceful out. It was early so the sun was still out and the day was still filled with screaming child's all over the place.

It was pretty cool how Benny did all of this for me. Because of him, I've got to relive something that my dad would've done with me. He listened to me whenever we talked, he remembered everything about the necklaces I loved so much from my dad.

And what I ordered on your first night out. A couple of days ago at work he brought me some of my favorite candy he remember as he was walking past Vincent's. M&Ms.

Then today at work he brought me flowers, roses to be exact, my favorite. Can't forget about him saying how much he cares about me and didn't want me to be hurt. The bruise was still on my cheek just wasn't as bad. Gosh, Benny is probably one of thee best people that I was met in a long time.

"Okay are you ready?" I hear as someone got closer to me.

"I don't even know." I chuckled, then someone untied the blindfold. There stood DeNunez, my best friend besides Benny.

He smiled and turned me around. Just as I did, there stood the whole sandlot gang, stand with posters with marker on them spelling out

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Benny stood in front of them holding another thing of flowers and a box of M&Ms since I told him I hated boxes of chocolates, they all taste weird to me.

I put my hands up over my mouth as Benny walked over to me.

"So, will you give me that chance?" He asked.

I nodded wrapping my arms over his neck, "You really are my favorite person ever." I mumbled into his neck.

"You're my favorite person too." He mumbled back wrapping his arms around me.