17

Naomi's P.O.V.

June 25, 1962

I didn't leave Benny's room for the rest of the night. Me and Lucy both slept in his bed, just like we did the first night he was over, but this time Lucy knew and Lucy slept between us.

It wasn't really that big of a deal, I just couldn't stop talking to Benny. Talking to him, hours would pass by and you wouldn't even know.

Today was Sunday, my day off, so me and Benny talked about going out today since yesterday kinda made things cancel. But I agreed.

I felt someone shaking me, which caused me to wake up, "What?" I groaned rolling over on my stomach, wrapping my arms around one of the pillows I was laying on.

"Ni, wake up, please." I heard. I looked over to see Benny bent down next to me.

"No, sleep with me." I said pulling him closer to the bed.

"Ni." He groaned stopping himself from sitting on the bed.

"I'm tired." I mumbled.

"Its already noon. I let you sleep in." He chuckled.

"I told you I was going to take you out, and I plan on doing that. But before we go out, we're going to the sandlot. So c'mon." He said rolling me back over.

"Fine." I said sitting up, then taking down my hair and throwing it up in a ponytail.

"The guys are already there, Smalls and Cam came by and told me, which is why I'm here waking you up now. So let's go."

I wasn't even bothered by him being in here, I just got up got the clothes I wanted to change into, and got changed. Following the same actions for Lucy.

Then when I was done, I turned around seeing a very surprised Benny sitting in the bed.

"You have no shame?" He asked.

I shrugged, "My bra and underwear are just like my swimsuit, what's the big deal?"

He shook his head laughing, "Well, from the body I just saw, nothing at all."

I laughed picking up Lucy and walking out of the room with Benny behind me. I sneaked over to my house hurrying to get my glove and bat and Lucy's camera, and walked to the sandlot.

"So do I get to know where we are going?" I asked.

He smirked, "This is our first date, I think it would be better as a surprise."

I nodded looking down, "What should I dress like?"

His smirk turned into a smile, "What your wearing now would be perfect."

I looked back up at him, biting my lip, "Okay."

We finally arrived to the sandlot, seeing everyone like they always were. I feel like I never get to play, even when I moved here I never really got to play. There was moves and tricks that I haven't even go to try yet, just because of everything that was happening right now.

All I knew, was that I wanted to bat, and I wanted to bat bad. Getting all of my emotions out. It's one of the best stress reliefs. Beating the crap out of a ball.

I walk over to the dugout, putting my glove down, then picking up my bat. I push my hair behind me, start walking over to home plate.

First throw that DeNunez threw, Benny hit into left field and took off for first base. I smile as I watch him round the bases and stop at second. I walked up to the batters box, looking down at the dirt the whole time.