Another Author's Note.

When I first wrote 'Chains to Freedom' Adam was the worst possible kind of man you could imagine and he did some horrible things. As I wrote the story, way back when, every time I made him do something mean, he cringed, and in my heart I knew he hated me for it. Even though he was so hateful I always liked him for some reason. Adam is the product of his birth. Abandoned by his father, raised by his drunken mother, and in love with a girl who didn't see him in the same light, so he clung to that girl's best friend only to be manipulated by her and to end up back where he started. Living with an abusive alcoholic, whom he had to take care of.

As I edited this, Adam screamed at me that he wasn't really an evil man. I just couldn't put him through living as such a terrible person. I hope I portrayed him with just enough bad so he was intimidating but also so he could grow and become the better man he always wanted to be.

It always astounds me that characters can control me like that and I'm sure you writers reading this will know exactly what I mean.

On the other hand, Pead and Millie didn't affect me like Adam. They loved being the bad guys.

I guess some characters are meant to be born just plain old evil. Hahaha

Thanks so much for all your support.

I would like to acknowledge a list of people but so many of you have supported me that I don't want to offend anyone by accidentally missing out a name. Just know in your heart that I know who you are and you know who you are. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. ♥♥♥

If you have enjoyed Chains to Freedom and like my work I have other novels and two short stories on Wattpad.

Stolen - Historical Fiction. An orphaned girl.  A young duke.  Each fighting to survive their circumstances in the 1830's.  She is taken in by a wealthy family.  He is striped of everything and taken into slavery by Barbary Coast pirates.  From the first day they meet, their lives are forever connected. Work in progress.

The Evolution of Rohan Wayland - Dark Contemporary/Crime/Whodunit. An abused man, a murder. Who is really the victim? Completed.

Children of Toil - Wattys short-listed 2021 - Historical Fiction.
Lucan Hayes, a coal miner, loses his wife in childbirth.
Meg-Anne Dunn, a prostitute struggles to improve her life.
Both immigrate to Australia and battle the harsh environment until love brings them together. Completed.

Twenty-Three HundredDystopian – A bomb. A virus. It's the end of the world as we know it. Can love change the future? Completed.

Black Cat is a Teen Fiction story. Becky Bridgestone isn't who she pretends to be. Join Rob Jarvis as he wheedles his way into her heart. Completed.

The Mice Do Play - Young Adult - Book Two in the Black Series.
Becky and Rob are off to University. Can their love survive? Completed.

Bell Ringer - Dark Contemporary - An abused girl is abducted by a stranger. Will her life ever be the same? Completed.

Shifted – This book is marked as General Fiction but it's really a Teen Fiction story laced with truth. Charlie, the main character's brother is killed and she loses herself to sorrow. A teenage boy changes her life. Completed.

Liberty – Science Fiction - Short story with four chapters. Silla is thrust into a rebellion but finds more than freedom. Completed.

Desire - Romance - Short story. One chapter. A love story with a twist. Completed.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed this story.

I really appreciate all your support ♥♥♥

The picture above is the house Ashton House is based on. It's real name is Entally House and is in Tasmania, Australia. The house is at the front, the stables to the right, church at the back, gardens to the left and court yard in the middle. There is a gatehouse in the grove of trees to the right. ♥♥♥

Copyright © 2019 Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved. Chains To Freedom is a registered work.

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review. Characters and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblances to actual events or persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.