Chapter 30: Choosing a present for Izuku

It's going to be Izuku's birthday soon and this time, Katsuki is going to give him a present that's more 'couple-like'. While Katsuki is sitting down in front of the door tying his shoelace, he has been thinking about what he should get. Thinking about it now won't help much, he'd have to look around to see what's suitable for him to give to Izuku.

Once Katsuki's done, he got up and place a hand on the doorknob. Alright, he's ready to head out-

"Going out to buy a present for Izuku?"

Looking behind his shoulder, Katsuki saw his mother smiling at him with a knowing look. Damn it, sometimes he hate how easy it is for his mother to read him like an open book.

"Yeah." Katsuki said.

"Are you going to get him games or anime goods again?"

"Fuck no! We're dating now so I'm going to get something different for Deku this time!"

Mitsuki blinked a few times. For a second, she thought that she was either dreaming or having hearing problem. Did this shitty son of hers just said that he's dating Izuku? Is this for real? After years of waiting, they finally become a couple?

"Katsuki! You little piece of shit!" Mitsuki slapped the back of Katsuki's head.

"Don't hit me, old hag! What the fuck is wrong with you!?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you're now dating Izuku?! I've been waiting for the two of you to confess and start dating for years!!"

"Why the fuck must I tell you?!"

"So that I can finally relax and don't have to worry about how long you're are going to stay single!"

"Hah?!"

To Katsuki's surprise, Mitsuki suddenly place a hand on his head and ruffle his spiky hair with a smile. "Anyway, good job Katsuki. Be sure to come back home early because tonight we're going to celebrate by having your favorite spicy hot curry for dinner."

"Tch, there's nothing to celebrate about." Katsuki averted his gaze from his mother, secretly happy that his mother is giving him her full support.

Curry for dinner huh... that's something Katsuki'd be looking forward to.

-o-o-o-

Todoroki is silently watching his editor, who is going through the draft for the new chapter. His editor is a rather mysterious person and it's hard to read what he's thinking. His real name is unknown since he only introduced himself as Hawks. Todoroki may not know much about him but one thing he does know is that his editor is a huge fan and a close 'friend' of his shitty dad.

For Hawks to come at this timing is truly wonderful since his dad is currently out, busy with his own work. As long as his dad isn't around, his editor will be able focusing on his manga and nothing else.

"Ah, they finally confess. It sure took them long enough." Hawks smiled while nodding to himself as he look through the pagers. "Do you have any plan to introduce another pair of couple in the future chapters?"

"I'm still thinking on what type of characters I should draw." Todoroki replied honestly.

"Have you thought about adding a love rival?"

"Love rival?"

"Yes, it is really common in the shoujo manga. For example, a new guy transfer into their school and is interested in Izumi."

Todoroki try to imagine it but all he can see is Katsuki become jealous and possessive. Katsuki'll give a warning but if the new guy doesn't listen and continue to hit on Izuku, he might explode from rage and went for the kill.