Preface

Preface -

24

I'm 24, sitting here with my current boyfriend at this dirty hotel in my hometown, wondering how I ever lived here. I know most people hate where they grew up, get out and then learn to appreciate it; but the city, it's worse than I've ever seen it and I still hate coming home.

On top of that the staff at this hotel look like they get paid in crack and there are actual people cooking meth in the room next door like breaking bad. Two dogs are fighting loudly down the hall and urine stains; I'm hoping dog, are soaking up the carpets in the hall; so I'm pretty over everything already.

When I get upstairs the man and woman next-door to my room introduce themselves in a very creepy type of way, Im not into at all, we all know those people that are super fucked up and get way to close to your face when there talking, you know? Those people that you have to smile and be nice to until they shut up because you know if your rude they might snap and accidentally stab you. Anyways they smile and tell me to knock if I needed anything. They mean like a threesome or a date rape drug; not like sugar or help with my bags. I grew up in between a 7/11 and a motel 6 so this isn't my first rodeo when it comes to dudes wanting to do you "favors".

The bedroom literally smells like cum guys. There is a rainbow sock under the bed. That's what I think when I see it. I get the immediately vibe that the girl that owned it lost her virginity in this room. I'm actually trying to downplay this all so it doesn't seem like I'm being overly dramatic, I actually had to cut a bunch of my sarcastic comments, but the room is like borderline hazmat status, if were being real.

The theory that what I am smelling is in fact cum, and not my sick mind is backed up by the cement like quality of these sheets and the fact that it is a weird homemade quilt and not the standard white hotel sheets. They probably haven't washed these sheets in a while; because of the cementness, also the table in front of me has cracker crumbs all over it, and there are big stains everywhere on the floor, so I don't even want to put my things on the floor. I spend 20 min orchestrating our shit, so now I have this weird thing going on with all our bags balancing on tables and the tv. So nothing is touching the floor.

This is like a name brand hotel too so the whole thing is pretty fucking odd. I fought with the front desk lady when we came in because they didn't take paypal and now I know why... easy refunds.

It's too late my boyfriend is already asleep anyways; and I'm so exhausted now I'm laying in them too. I'm laying in some strangers dried cum quilt with my shoes still on writing this. Thinking, ok this is really happening. We are really back here.

It's not just the hotel; but the whole city, it's like it seeps into everything, and all I can think about is bad memories when I'm here and I always feel like I'm going to run into this guy Miles, who probably doesn't even live here anymore...well who am I kidding that boy probably still lives here in the corn fields or something.

I haven't introduced you to Miles yet. Let me take you back on a visual journey. Walking around for hours in the cold rain with wet socks.Flossing your teeth the next day, because you were too drunk to floss your teeth the night before.

Trust me there are few things grosser or more uncomfortable than wet socks and flossing something out of your teeth the next day; knowing it was in your mouth the entire night. Miles flack was like that.

Its not that he wasn't cute. He wasn't. but it's not like he couldn't have been attractive, if it weren't for his personality. He had blue eyes and ashy blond hair. He was extremely tall, and once we died his hair black and he looked cute for the .2sec he looked angry about it, then he spoke, and ruined it.