Take Me Away (Part 2)

“Where we goin'?" Quill asked. “I'm gonna take you to the hospital, then..." “No, Ivanna. I can't go to the hospital." “Why the fuck not, Quill? You look like you half dead already." “No. I'll be okay, baby. I promise. Just take me back home."

Oh he was going home alright. “I'm gonna take you home with me, baby," I told him as I got on the interstate, “Donovan's dead, I'm 18, you're not dying so we might as well leave."

“I'm sorry I hot you into all this," I told him. He looked at me and smiled. “It ain't yo fault," he said. “Ye it is. I shouldn't have been acting crazy, Donovan would've never got mad and you wouldn't have got shot. I feel like I just mad a mess of everything. I should've just stayed in my place and kept my mouth shut and none of this would've happened."

“And Donovan would've kept hurtin you," he pointed out. “But you'd be okay," I said. “I am okay, Ivanna..." “No you're not, you're..." “Look," he said showing me the spot where the wound was. It was perfectly clean, but It had thred threw it. I guess he sewed it shut.

“You did that?" I asked, kind of surprised. He nodded. “I told you this happened before. It don't seem like it, but I done got shot 7 times in my whole life. I ain't never been to no hospital," he said. Well I was kinda happy. Now I could calm down about him dying and focus on getting home... or at least further away from Memphis.