chapter one

(So this was longer than i was planing but I hope you all enjoy it! Also I'm pretty good at updating!)

         I had been in the orphanage for a few days which was nothing compared to some of the others. Sometimes I would be called spoiled just because my clothes hasn't been torn and dirtied yet.  It isn't quite fair for me to say I want out of here considering how long the other children have been here, but I think it all the time.

     We have a supervisor named miss Darcy. She's nice, but can also be very strict. I mainly stayed in my bed during the day watching out the window imagining another life.

       When miss Darcy walked in she told me I was being looked at for fostering and possibly even adoption I said ok and stood up off the bed to go through my clothes. I wasn't the type to dress up for anything really so I chose an oversized T-shirt, a pair of shorts, and my old worn down converse. I ran my fingers through my curly unruly hair in attempt to tame it.

     Once I was dressed and ready miss Darcy tried to pick me up but I scooted away slightly. Touching wasn't really my thing yet. She asked if I wanted to cover up my eye but I shook my head no. She sighed and accepted my answer. I had a black eye because of some of the other kids in here. It was the reason I stayed in my room a lot of the time.

     Once we got to miss Darcy's office i stood amongst many other children and waited for a while. I watched the minutes ticked by on the clock while miss Darcy gave me some paper to color on.

      Harry's POV:

      We were all quite confused when Simon called us in for an emergency meeting, especially considering he was usually too busy to fit us in. Once we arrived at his office we sat in the five chairs set out for us and waited for simons arrival.

      Once he arrived Simon pulled paperwork out of his large desk. Louis looked over at me confused but I just shrugged my shoulders. Simon told us that since we hasn't been having the best luck in the public eye we were going to do something that would for sure cause good publicity. He told us that we would be adopting a little girl.

      I looked around as I saw zayn, Niall, Louis, and Liam's jaws drop. Immediately we all started asking a hundred questions, but with one raise of his finger Simon shushed us. He told us that we would only keep the child for a few months until we could help find a more permanent home. Without giving us a chance to speak he said that we were already late and needed to hurry along.

       There was an awkward silence as we rode to the orphanage. When we got there we looked out of place with our nice clothes and nice car. We were led to an office where there were about fifteen young girls lined up. Each one seeming more and more eager to have a chance at a new life. A women introduced herself as Darcy and said that we could choose any of them we wanted. I looked down the line and saw the once child that wasn't looking at us eagerly. She had her head held down and her long curly hair covered part of her face along with the beanie she was wearing.

     Liam spoke up and asked if we could have time to talk about it as a group Darcy nodded. We started to walk out of the room, but I couldn't take my eyes off of the little girl in the corner. As we left she looked up and made slight eye contact with me, but looked away quickly. I could see her swollen bruised eye and the image of her face wouldn't leave my mind.

      Once the boys and I got into a separate room we all had different opinions on who to choose. Niall wanted a small girl with blonde hair and blue eyes who looked like him. While Louis wanted a different girl who kept pulling a funny face. Zayn and Liam couldn't choose. When asked my opinion I told them about the girl and her eye and the way she looked at me. After hearing how I talked about her the boys agreed with me and we had decided.

       We walked back into the room with all the children who had become unorganized and sat in groups. Well except for one, the girl that we wanted. When Darcy asked which child we wanted I pointed over to her.