chapter eleven

LOUIS'S POV:

     Today could either go really good or really bad. Today was an interview day, which meant lots of people and lots of traveling. But the thing i was most worried about was how Ellie would handle her first interviews. She seemed pretty social, but having a camera on you can change things.

It was 6am and we were supposed to leave in an hour. I was put in charge of waking up Ellie and getting her ready. As I walked into her room I mentally awed at how cute she looked all curled up in the duvet. I quietly walked over to her bed and placed a soft kiss on her cheek, causing her eyes to flutter open.

She reached up towards me as I picked her up and sat her on my hip. I carefully carried her to the bathroom where I changed her pull-up and got her teeth brushed. Being almost fully awake she hopped down from the counter and ran/waddled to the kitchen. I followed behind and found Ellie sitting at the table struggling to eat the waffles that Harry had made her.

She had broken her right wrist and she was right handed, which we knew would be a struggle considering her age. Eventually she gave up on using the fork and used her fingers leaving her a sticky mess from head to toe. Since I was the only one ready I had to give her a bath.

Once she had finished her waffles I held her under her armpits in front of me to try and avoid getting syrup on myself. We finally made it to the bath and got Ellie all clean. With only five minutes till we had to leave I quickly got her dressed and packed a bag with anything she might need.

"Lou! We are gonna be late!" I heard Liam call.

"Let's go munchkin!" I said, as I picked Ellie up.

    She giggled as we ran past Niall in the hallway. We were stopped by Liam at the door who made sure to check the bag that i had already packed for Ellie. Once he confirmed for the third time that I packed everything he said we were good to go.

The six of us packed into the car with Liam and zayn in the front, Ellie and I in the middle, and Niall and Harry in the back. Ellie talked the whole way there.

"Where are we going" she asked.

"To a place where they ask us lots of questions" Niall bluntly responded.

"Why?" Ellie questioned.

"It's part of our job" Liam reminded her.

The questions continued to flow until we got to the interview building. It was only 7:30, but Ellie seemed awake as ever. We walked through the large lobby and took the lift up to where our interview was. As we walked into the room Ellie looked around nervously. Although she was quickly whisked away by Caroline, our stylist, so she could get ready.

After our hair was done and our clothing was picked out we had to go meet the interviewer. We were surprised to see Ellie already talking to her like they were best friends. She was showing how she could sing her ABCs while twirling around in circles. I managed to capture the moment in a short video before she saw the camera and ran to cover it with her hands. She tended to do this, but I didn't mind.

  "On in five!" someone shouted.

    The boys and I walked over to the small couch. I scooped Ellie onto my hip and sat her between Niall and I. I reminded her not to interrupt and to be polite. The problem was that this was one of our longer interviews, seeing that we had the hour time slot for the show.

    "On in 3...2.....1"

    The camera started to roll and the interview began. The interviewer first introduced herself and then us.