chapter nine

(Yay!!! 13 reads!! Thanks guys)

Ellie's POV

When I finally awoke from my nap nobody was in the room with me. It scared me to be alone. I grabbed monkey, another toy from the orphanage, and my blanket while I walked off to find people. Of course there were people everywhere, but nobody I recognized. I started to feel tears filling my eyes as i kept searching.

Suddenly I felt a pair of large hands grab me from behind I tried to scream but I still had my binky in my mouth. I thrashed around in their arms until I finally saw their face. It was zayn. I kept struggling a little bit and I dropped monkey. I cried more and reached for him, but zayn didn't go back.

    "Monkey, Monkey!" I cried.

       Zayn eventually stopped and asked what I wanted. I pointed back towards the spot where monkey laid on the ground. He put me down as I ran towards monkey and picked him up. I ran back to zayn and lifted my arms up so he would pick me up.

Zayns POV

    I held Ellie tightly in my arms until we reached the boys, who were sitting on the edge of the stage.

  "Look who's up!" Harry gushed

   Ellie sleepily nodded and set her head on my shoulder. Niall chuckled at her cuteness. Ellie reached for Louis and I let her go to him. She stood on the stage looking out at the large stadium. Her eyes widened as she tried to take in the sight.

    "Why are we here?" She mumbled to no one in particular.

      "Cause it's our job" Liam reminded her.

     She nodded her head slowly as she kept looking at the stadium.

"Ellie!" A small voice exclaimed.

We all looked around and saw the source of the voice. Of course it was lux. Lux was about 2 years older than Ellie so they could still get along well. Ellie's face lit up at the sight of lux and she ran towards her. They hugged eachother like they had been best friends for years.

Louis had his skateboard next to him on the stage and Ellie and lux seemed to have an interest in it. Quickly lux grabbed it and asked if they could use it. I looked at the boys nervously and they looked back at me the same way. Then Louis spoke up and told them only if someone was watching and helping them could they use it. The girls cheered loudly as the carried the skateboard off the stage.

Louis's POV

Of course I said yes. It would be so much fun if they could skate around with me. Lux seemed to be understanding the task, while Ellie tended to sit on the board and push herself with her hands. We were eventually called onto the stage for soundcheck which meant I had to take the board away. Let's just say it didn't go too well. Finally after some convincing and a little bit of candy bribery the girls let us go.

Soundcheck went well and we could see Ellie and lux running through all the seats. Sometimes Ellie would try to do something that lux did, but would not be able to. Then, Lux would try and give her step by step instructions, but it never worked out.

Once we were off the stage and going to the dressing room area backstage we found Ellie and lux laying side by side on the floor sleeping. They were holding hands and both sucking there thumbs. I snapped a picture and sent it to Lou as well as the rest of the boys. Ellie began to toss and turn in her sleep, signally that she was having a nightmare. I quickly grabbed her and shook her awake trying not to disturb lux.

Ellie's eyes shot wide open as she woke up. Tears slowly started to stream down her face as I hugged her to my chest.

She eventually looked up at me with tear stained cheeks and said "I'm scared"

I asked if she wanted to talk about it, but she shook her head no. I nodded understandingly. Then lux started to wake up as I put Ellie down. The two girls immediately ran off to who knows where as I went off to find the lads.

Ellie's POV

I had a nightmare, but I think I am okay now. Lux and I were just skipping around backstage, like literally skipping. My small hand grasped slightly larger one. Then we saw them. A large group of teenage girls who started screaming at the sight of us. Lux's eyes widened as she pulled my hand in the opposite direction. We ran as fast as we could away from them. Sadly their legs were bigger than ours so they were gaining on us. Lux started turning corners in so many different directions I lost count. Eventually we found some sort of storage closet to hide in. There was no light in here and I was getting scared. Tears started to run down my face and I started to quietly whimper. Lux held me close to her and squeezed my hand as she tried to quiet me.

I heard our names being called by familiar voices, but I couldn't make them out. Lux slowly opened the door and looked down the hallway. Standing there were the five boys with worried expressions on their faces. I immediately ran into Niall's arm as the tears continued to fall.

"What happened princess?" Niall asked me.

"The g-girls w-were ch-chasing a-after us." I stuttered.

Niall ran his fingers through my hair and told me I was safe now. My grip didn't loosen. I could see Lux standing guiltily next to Harry.

"Monkey?" I mumbled.

Niall nodded as Louis ran off to go get him. I was then passed to Liam who wouldn't let me hide my face and turned me to face outwards. I squirmed out of his grip and onto the floor with lux. Who grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back and when Louis finally returned with monkey we ran off to go play in the dressing room.

Lux and I had been playing for a while when the boys came to the dressing room to tell me goodnight. I looked up at them and tried to follow them wherever they were going. Harry told me no and that I had to stay, but they would see me later. I nodded, tears starting to fall. The boys walked off and I turned back towards lux with wet cheeks. I walked up to Paul and put my hands up for him to hold me he lifted me onto his hip and told me we could have a fun night tonight. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder.

I could hear music playing and girls screaming, which started to hurt my ears. I covered them up with my hands and Paul got the message. He placed my large pink headphones over my ears and sat me down on a couch with lux. We started to play and then we both got tired.

We laid side by side on the small couch, drifting off to sleep. I woke up once I heard the boys voices. I sat up and opened my eyes to see all five boys sweaty and in the dressing room. Lux sat up with me and the boys noticed. They walked over and took my headphones off. They asked if I wanted to go to the tour bus. I slowly nodded never letting go of luxs hand. I started to suck my thumb but Liam removed it from my mouth and stuck my binky in instead. I grabbed monkey and my blanket as Harry carried me onto the tour bus. The second my head hit the pillow in the bunk, I was asleep.