Chapter 18: Day 18

"He's waking up!"

Taeyong opened his eyes to see the two vague shapes in front of him. His vision was blurry and the lightning in the room that blinded his eyes did not help. He tried to sit up but the dizziness immediately took over his head and he felt more of the pain at the back of his head. He groaned and buried his face in his hands.

"Take it easy," he heard a female voice and felt a hand on his shoulder.

"B-Boa?" he stuttered at the recognition of the voice and looked up, narrowing his eyes to get a clear sight of her though his vision was still blurry.

"It's me," she assured and helped him to sit up on the bed.

He groaned as the headache got stronger and the nauseous feeling took over. He rubbed his eyes in hopes of his vision getting better, but the sight was still just as blurry. He closed his eyes and ran his hand through his hair, taking deep breaths to ease the pain.

"Taeyong."

"Suho?" he asked and Suho handed him something that he assumed was a glass of water.

"Listen to me, okay?" Suho told him and he took the glass and began chugging the whole glass.

"I need you to think carefully about what happened last night. Seungwan told us that she found you unconscious outside the building. We thought that you just fainted because of fatigue but after we ran some tests we found out that there were enormous amounts of alcohol in your system. But-" Suho stopped and looked around the room, as if someone would listen to their conversation.

He turned back to Taeyong and lowered his voice. "You were also injected with a syringe that causes unconsciousness, followed by extreme blurriness and headaches for twelve hours. The type that only top spies from SM has access to." He whispered and Taeyong immediately understood what his point was.

"The only top spies in this agency except for you are Dong Sicheng, Do Kyungsoo, and Choi Minho. And they all just came back from Slovenia and haven't been in the building. So tell me why you needed the syringe and who it was that injected you instead."

"I-" Taeyong took a deep breath and collected his thoughts, the dizziness in his head prevented him from thinking clearly. Every memory he had was a blur and he had to think through carefully.

"Seulgi," he breathed and Boa immediately widened her eyes.

"Seulgi?" she questioned and furrowed her eyebrows. "What is it with her?"

"She-" he tightened his lips and thought about it. "She is working with Park Jimin."

"What?!" Suho exclaimed and raised from his chair.

"Taeyong," he then said and grabbed Taeyong by his shoulders. "You have to think carefully and tell me exactly everything that is going on. What happened? Are you sure Seulgi is working with Park Jimin?"

Taeyong shut his eyes for a moment and groaned as he tried to think, "I s-suspected s-something and f-followed her." He stuttered and shook his head.

"And then, what happened?" Suho asked him.

"I think... She went in to this night club... And I activated a small drone, fly, thing. And I heard both of them talk about taking SM down or something." Taeyong explained and Suho furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?!" he shouted and startled Taeyong, and even Boa, with his sudden outburst.

"You followed Seulgi, and she met up with Jimin! You had your perfect chance to catch BOTH of them, Taeyong!" he scolded and Boa gripped his arm.