Chapter 20: Day 21

Seulgi sighed out of boredom as she listened to the sound of her nails tapping on the table. She had just been forced out of her room and back to the interrogation room, and the feeling of her hands being cuffed to the table annoyed her. She couldn't tuck her long hair behind her ear nor scratch her back that had been itching for what felt like eternity.

Taeyong on the other hand, sat outside the interrogation room and watched the girl through the glass window. Without realising it, a small smile appeared on his face as she whipped her head a few times in attempt of getting the small strands of hair out of her face.

"Why do you have to be on his side, Kang Seulgi?" he muttered before getting up to open the door to the room.

Seulgi turned to him and flashed him a smirk, "more questions?" she asked.

"If not, I wouldn't be here." He answered casually and sat down in front of her.

"Before you start," she spoke softly and paused, waiting for him to lift his gaze from the papers in his hand. "Can I ask you a hypothetical question?" she asked.

Taeyong shot a look at her and pursed his lips together. "Sure," he answered after a few seconds.

"Let's say that you were into this girl, and you would pick her up in a few days to go somewhere, like a date, or something. You get to her house, and realise, she's not there. And all of her things are gone. What do you do?" she asked him with a small, hopeful smile.

Before he could answer she quickly interrupted him, "you call her! And she doesn't pick up, right? So you go and look for her."

"Okay..?" he said, not knowing where this "hypothetical question" was going since he didn't get to answer but continued to listen to her anyway.

"But here's the catch! You find her, and she's kidnapped! What do you do?" she asked him and Taeyong wondered if there was something in the syringe that made her this crazy or if she actually was this crazy in real life.

"I save her?" he guessed earned a groan from her.

"No! Or, I mean, yes. But what happens to the kidnappers? What do you do with them?" she asked him.

"I fight them? Or if things get really bad, I could end up killing them." He explained and earned a small applause from her.

"I'm sure that situation will happen to some people soon." She said with a serious expression and Taeyong looked at her, confused.

"Why are you telling me this?" he asked her.

"What time is it?" she asked and he looked at his watch. "14:36."

Seulgi made a grimace and shook her head.

"Why are you shaking your head?" he asked her, confusion still written all over his face.

She didn't answer and just looked him straight in the eye, making the frustration in him build even more. Before he could ask or do anything else gunshots and screams were heard. He swiftly turned his head, listening closely and heard even more gunshots. He stole a glance at her, as if he was hesitating about something, but he quickly hurried out of the room, leaving Seulgi alone.

"He's here," she mumbled and bit her lip.

------------------------------------------------

"Did Yoongi place all of them?" Jimin asked the driver who looked at him through the rearview mirror and nodded.

A wide smirk crept up on Jimin's face and he watched all the people run into the building from the car window. Seeing as it was time, he opened the door and stepped out of the car, breathing in the fresh air.