Chapter 3

Xavier placed me in the front seat, and the walked around to the drivers side of the car and got in. "Was that really that bad?" He asked me. "It hurts really bad." I sobbed. "I know it does." He said. "You're pretty lucky though, Gabe is one of the best orthodontists in Ontario." "I don't even care." I said. "I just want ice cream." "We can do that, sweetie."
Xavier drove to my favorite ice cream place in the world, Hevenly Scoops. I got one scoop of chocolate caramel and one scoop of mint chocolate chip in a cone, and Xavier, being a boring dentist, just got one small scoop over vanilla ice cream in a cup.
I quickly finished my ice cream, and we drove home. It was almost dinner, so I went upstairs to finish my homeschool work. My teeth really hurt, so I went into my bathroom to see what Gabe had done to them. When I opened my mouth, I saw little rubber bands in between my back molars on each side, top and bottom. They were really starting to hurt, so I grabbed a piece of floss and flossed them out, hiding them in a plastic bag under the sink. I felt instant relief. I finished my homework when I heard Xavier open the front door. Not thinking much, I walked down the stairs, and yelled out to Xavier "What's for dinner?" But then I saw who had came into our house. It was Gabe. And he was still in scrubs. A sense of panic washed over me, and as soon as he said "Hey Ari, what's up?" I immediately bolted up the stairs and into my room, crawling into my closet, immediately feeling myself calm down. Then I started sobbing. What was Gabe doing here? Xavier knows how I'm terrified of him, how I'm terrified of dentists, how much pain Gabe caused me today, and most importantly, Xavier knows that no matter how nice Gabe is to me, I'm still gonna be terrified. I tell Xavier everything, so why is Gabe here right now? I started to fall asleep in my closet, feeling nice and calm.

Xavier's POV

I feel so bad for doing up this to Ari. I know she's terrified of Gabe, and I still do this to her. The thing is, Gabe had mentioned before that he was having renovations done at his appartement, and that he needed somewhere to stay. I offered that he could stay here, because we have lots of space. Gabe said yes, so he was going to stay here for the next two weeks. I knew that Ari most definitely not like this, and I think the fact that Gabe showed up in scrubs made Ari even more terrified.
"Dude, why did Ari just run off like that?" Asked Gabe.
"She's terrified of you. She's terrified of dentists, when ever you go dentist mode on her, you sedate her, and she hates giving up control, you are going to glue little metal squares on her teeth , aka braces in a week, and those spacers caused her a hell of a lot of pain. She was sobbing for 20 minutes straight."
"Man, I'm sorry. I didn't relise that she was that scared of me. I'll find somewhere else to stay." Said Gabe.
"No, it's fine, maybe she'll get more used to you and not be as scared." I said. "Alright, if that's what you say." He replied. I then called Ari down for dinner. "Ari, dinner's ready!" I shouted up the stairs. "I'll be down sometime!" She shouted back. "I could go get her if you want, bro." Said Gabe. "Sure, thanks man." I replied.

Gabe's POV
I now felt really bad, for staying at Xavier's place, because Ari already hates me, and now she'll probably hate me even more. I climbed up the stairs, to her room, and knocked on the door. When she didn't open the door the second time I knocked, I opened the door. I didn't see Ari, so I looked it the bathroom, under her bed, and in her closet, and when I looked in her closet, I saw Ari curled up in that back, asleep, with tear stains on her cheeks. It broke my heart that I was the cause of those tears. When I picked her up, and put her on her bed, she woke up and freaked out. She started screaming and crying and yelling for me to stop. I immediately backed away, and told her that dinner is ready. She replied by saying that she wasn't hungry, but I told her that if she didn't come down, I would have to bring up Xavier.
Aria's POV
When he mentioned Xavier, I got even more scared. I ran downstairs, not wanting to make either of them mad. I sat down at the dinner table, and took the smallest portions possible, while not talking. "Ari." Xavier sighed. "You have to eat more than that. I shook my head, because my teeth still hurt, even though I already took the spacers out. I ate slowly, and when I was finished, I ran upstairs again. "Ari can you come back down for a minute?" Xavier yelled up the stairs. I signes, and slowly walked down the stairs, stopping when I got to the bottom. "I have something to tell you." He said. Both him and Gabe had guilty looks on their faces, so I knew that this wouldn't be good. "Gabe is going to be staying here for the next two weeks." Said Xavier. And that's when I passed out.