Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning in a bad mood. Today was the day we had dental check ups, and I was anxious for me and Aydon. I ate a pop tart for breakfast, glaring at Gabe and my brother the entire morning. 

They drove to school, and I exited the car quickly, and walked to my locker, where Aydon, Bo and Reese were waiting. We talked for a few minute, before the bell rang. Me and Aydon headed to math, and Bo and Reese went to their other classes. 

Today the teacher was just going over basic stuff from last year, and I was bored out of my mind. Eventually the bell rang and I went to art, which was a lot less boring. We were using watercolours, and blending to make ombrés. 

That was fun, and I got paint all over my jeans. Me, Bo, and Reese headed to the cafeteria when the lunch bell rang, and soon enough to Aydon joined us. 

"Hey Bo, Reese." He said, nodding to them, before turning to me and kissing me on the cheek. "Hey Ari." He said with a cute smirk on his face.

"Hey." I said, smiling back. We ate our food, while Aydon complained about the French teacher. "He gives us so much work and doesn't explain at all how to do it." He complained, and we laughed.

 "I can help you if you want?" I suggested, and he nodded. 

"Please. I think Mr. Leblanc is out to get me." He said dramatically. "Sure." I said, smiling at him. "Just text me when you need help." I said, and he nodded. He pulled out his phone, and a few seconds later, I got a text.

Aydon: I need help
Me: I'm right next to you weirdo
Aydon laughed, and shrugged. 

"You said to text you." He said. I laughed, and we finished eating. After lunch, me and Aydon headed to music. We had just sat down, when there was an announcement, as there had been all day. 

All day, there's been announcements calling people to the medical wing, and every time Aydon hears it, he tenses up.
"Aria Blake to the medical wing please. Aria Blake to the medical wing please." It said. The teacher nodded at me, and I stood up, dragging Aydon with me. Eventually, we arrived, and my brother was waiting for me.

"Hey Ari, hey Aydon." He said, and I glared at him, while Aydon just looked uncomfortable. "Come on Ari. It's just my job." He said. "Follow me." He said, and he walked into an exam room. I followed, bringing Aydon with me. Xavier sat down on a stool, and motioned for Aydon to sit on the other one.

 Aydon sat down cautiously. My brother gestured for me to take a seat in the dental chair, but I didn't move. 

"Please Ari. Just a check up and a cleaning. Aydon will hold your hand. I promise if I find anything, I'll fix it later." He said. I sighed, and sat in the chair. Xavier smiled at me, before tilting the chair back, and putting on a pair of gloves. "Open for me Ari." He said nicely, as I sighed and opened my mouth, grabbing Aydon's hand. Xavier stuck his tools in my mouth, looking around and tapping all of my teeth. "All good Ari, no cavities. Just a cleaning now." He said. I nodded, and opened my mouth again. 

Aydon jumped at the sound, and I squeezed his hand. Xavier cleaned around my braces, and rinsed my mouth out after he finished. "All done Ari." He said. "Did I pass?" I asked him, and he nodded. He turned to Aydon, who tensed. 

"Aydon, Gabe's gonna be doing your check up, alright?" He said. Aydon shrugged, and nodded. "He's just in the other room, ready for you. You and Ari can head over there now." He said. I stood up, and nudged Aydon into the other room, where Gabe was patiently waiting. 

Aydon stopped once he saw Gabe. I coaxed him into the room, and Gabe closed the door almost all the way behind us, and gestured to the chair. Aydon didn't move, and I squeezed his hand. "It's alright Aydon. You saw Ari's check up right? That's all I'm gonna do." Gabe said, trying to comfort Aydon.