Chapter 10

Ari's POV
I woke up the next morning, and went downstairs. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Gabe holding his head in his hands, and Xavier trying to comfort him. "What's wrong?" I asked, rushing to Gabe, hugging him.
Gabe just groaned, and I looked to my brother for an answer. "His mouth is killing him." Said Xavier.
"Well you did yank a tooth out of his head yesterday." I said.
Gabe chuckled, and hugged me. "I told you, don't say that!" Scolded my brother.
"But it's true." Both Gabe and I protested. Xavier sighed. "Whatever. Do you guys want to go to the park today?" Asked my brother.
Gabe nodded. "Can we get a dog?" I asked. "What? Ari that was so off topic." Exclaimed my brother, and Gabe laughed.
"Pretty please? I want to give it cuddles and play with it and name it Sparky!" I said. "Maybe some other time, Ari." Said Xavier with a smile on his face. "So are we going to the park?" He asked me, and I nodded in reply.
"Let's go!" "Ari we have to eat breakfast first!" Said Xavier laughing. "Oh yeah..." I said.
I grabbed cereal, and poured it into a bowl, and sat down to eat it. Xavier had toast, but Gabe just sat there.
"Are you going to eat Gabe?" I asked. He shook his head. "The pain will come for me!" He said dramatically.
"But it will." He said more seriously. "Just have a smoothie." I said. Gabe sighed, before making himself a smoothie. "Go brush your teeth, you guys, and we'll leave in 20 minutes." Said Xavier.
"Do I have to?" I groaned. "Yes you do Ari. You don't want plaque build up on your braces. And Gabe, you have to brush too." Said my brother. "Seriously?" Groaned Gabe.
"Yes seriously! Dude, you're a dentist! You know you should brush!" Exclaimed Xavier. "It feels like I have two siblings." Muttered Xavier. "I heard that!" Shouted me and Gabe, and we went to go brush our teeth.
I brushed my teeth and changed, and walked back downstairs. I heard arguing, so I went towards the sound. "You have to!" Shouted my brother. "You can't force me! I'm an adult, and the same age as you!" Shouted Gabe.
"But you're not thinking rationally! You need to keep your mouth clean, otherwise you will get an infection, and you know how painful that is!" Replied my brother. "You know what, this is stupid. Sit on the toilet, and I will brush your teeth myself." I heard my brother say.
"What are you doing?" I asked. "Gabriel Benson will not brush his teeth, so I am doing it for him!" Said my brother.
He dragged Gabe to the bathroom, and sat him down on the toilet. He found Gabe's toothbrush, and toothpaste, and started brushing his teeth.
"Be careful Xavier." I said to him. "Gabe's probably in pain." Xavier nodded, and started brushing Gabe's teeth gently.
He soon finished, and we went to the park. Gabe and Xavier sat on a bench, and I wondered around, looking for something to do.
I saw two people playing with a dog, and they looked around my age, so I went up and talked to them.
"Hey I'm Ari." I said, smiling. "Hey, I'm Bo!" Said the guy. He had cute curly hair, and bright green eyes.
"I haven't seen you around before, are you new here?" He asked. "No, I've just been homeschooled for life." I said with a smile. "Cool!" He said.
"I'm Reese." Said the girl. She had long orange red hair, with a pale face and freckles. "What high school are you going to?" She asked.
"John Fox." I replied. "Really? That's where we go!" She exclaimed with a smile. "Cool, I guess I'll see you tomorrow!" I said.
"I have to go now, but I'll see you tomorrow?" I said. "Absolutely!" Said Bo. I walked away, waving.
I snuck up on my brother and his friend, but stopped when I heard them talking about me.
"Why did you tell her she doesn't need teeth pulled? She clearly does!" Exclaimed my brother. "No she doesn't! The way I fit her with her braces, she doesn't need any teeth pulled! She might need them for a little longer, but I think that's better that having teeth pulled out, I can speak from experience." Said Gabe.
"And what about all of those other appliances she probably needs, huh?" Said my brother. "She'll be fine." Said Gabe.
"Let her get used to braces first. And if I recall correctly, I'm the orthodontist here, not you."
They both sounded pissed, so I cautiously approached them. Gabe saw me, and sighed. "How much of that did you hear Ari?" He asked me.
"Most of it." I whispered. "What are you going to do to me?" Gabe held out his arms, and I leaned in to them.
He pulled me on to his lap, and cuddled me. "You don't have to worry about anything Ari." He said. "If you need to know, me or you brother will tell you."
At this statement, Xavier glared at Gabe. "So you're going to tell her about how you're going to pull out four of her teeth?" Exclaimed Xavier.
"What?!" I yelped. Gabe hugged me. "You're fine Ari. You don't need four teeth pulled. It would be an option, but it's not something I would consider, because the way your teeth are, you don't really need it. It wouldn't be worth the pain." He said, comforting me.
"I saw you talking to people over there, who were they?" Asked Xavier. "That's Bo and Reese." I said.
"They're going to the same school as me." I said. "That's great Ari!" Said my brother. "It's time to get going, it's almost lunch time." He said. "Alright." I said, I stood up, and we started walking home.
We were walking, and then I tripped over my shoelace, landing on my face, again. I started crying, and Gabe and Xavier stopped walking. They saw me, and Gabe picked me up.
"What's wrong Ari?" Panicked Xavier. "What hurts?" "My tooth!" I cried out. "You just can't catch a break, can you Ari?" Said Gabe, joking around. I shook my head, leaning on Gabe.
He carried me home, and into the home office in the basement. Gabe tried to set me down on the chair, but I wouldn't let go.
Gabe sighed, sitting on the chair so that he was sitting across the chair, and I was laying across his lap, and in the chair. I was sobbing into Gabe, who was trying to calm me down.
"Ari just open your mouth for a few seconds." Said Gabe. "I can probably find the problem, and I can tell you what your brother will do." I opened my mouth for a few seconds, letting Gabe quickly scan all of my teeth.
I closed my mouth, looking expectantly at Gabe. He smiled at me. "You'll be fine. You just chipped your front tooth, it's an easy fix." Explained Gabe.
"Will it hurt?" I asked. "Nope." Replied Gabe. "There isn't even a needle or anything. You saw me get my chipped tooth fixed, right? It's really easy to fix." I sighed. Xavier then came into the room, with a pair of gloves on.
"You ready Ari?" He asked. I nodded. He reclined the chair, and turned on the light. "Open." He said. I opened my mouth, and Xavier looked around. "Just a chip Ari. It'll be a quick fix." Said Xavier.
"What did I tell you?" Said Gabe with a smirk. Xavier fixed my tooth, and sat the chair up. I was about to get up, but Gabe stopped me. "I just want to make sure your braces aren't broken, ok Ari?" He said.
I sighed but nodded. Xavier passed Gabe a pair of gloves and a mirror. "Open." He said. I opened my mouth, and Gabe inspected my braces. "All good Ari." Said Gabe. "I'll probably have you come in next week, so I can change your wires."
He smiled at me, and I got off of the chair. We all went to Subway for lunch, and just watched movies the rest of the day.